Default Where can I find a cheaper version of this PBK art cable system?

I want to put something like this in DS's playroom but $40?? I know I could make this myself if I could find the clips (not as easy as it sounds) I would love to find something similar elsewhere since I'm short on time...

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produ...e&cm%5Fsrc=SCH

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Default RE: Where can I find a cheaper version of this PBK art cable system?

I also love these cables and I'm thinking of putting them into DS's room. This is another option if you are anywhere near an Ikea. It diffinately is cheaper.
    HTH
    Sarah
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20079342

tiapam is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Those clips are like the ones that come with the nametag holders you wear on a lanyard around your neck, so you might find them in an office supply store.

Also, what about clothes pins?

-Pam

DD - Two years old!

danagee is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I got mine from Land of Nod for $7.95: http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx...WhatsNew&l=233

Dana
    ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

kayte is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am not sure how helpful this will be but it will give you another avenue to search. I bought those clips in Denmark as they use them for hanging a dishtowel in the kitchen. YOu get a suction cup hook and attach it to the cabinet. Then you clip the hooks to the dish towel and the loop can then be hung on the hook. I have actually used them a display in my craft room just like the one from PBK. I paid less than $5 for a set of hooks. I wonder if you might try searching for dish towel hooks or something similar and have more luck. Nothing is more frustrating searching for something you know exists but you can't find it! If all else fails I can have my MIL send some next time she is sending some things over!! LOL!!!

hth

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You can get the same thing w/o the stars for $5 at IKEA.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Just adding to the IKEA chorus. They are in the curtain section, by the finials/rods etc. We have it. It was $5 and works great. I agree that $40 for the PBK one is pricey.

DDowning is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'll share that the PBK one is a PITA to put together too! :P
    Deidra

Mommy to
    DS (2003)
    DD (2005)
    Kelly's Kids Consultant