maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Anyone have Crayola double easel?

I just saw one on CL today. It's got a white board on one side and chalkboard on the other. I read all of the reviews on Amazon and I'm really confused. Some say that the chalkboard is terrible because you can hardly see the writing. Some say make sure you buy the Crayola chalk. Some say the white board doesn't wipe clean, some say it does, but one review warned to buy the Crayola markers. Yet another said washable crayon wipe right off.

anyone have this board and love or hate it?
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default RE: Anyone have Crayola double easel?

I don't have a Crayola, but a lot of easels have the plastic-y chalkboards, and it can be kind of hard to see certain chalk on them.

We have a different easel, but the whiteboard doesn't always wipe off completely. YOU can still see the outlines. But if we wipe it down with a microfiber cloth and some cleaner, it gets it really clean. I just do that periodically when it gets really bad. Day to day, DS doesn't mind. He actually likes tracing over the letters that get left behind when I write on it.

My point is that those concerns probably extend beyond that easel. A lot of easels are going to have similar issues. How much it bothers you is another story ;)
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

We have it. The chalkboard has never really worked well - even with Crayola chalk. It's never seemed to bother the girls, though.

I have to admit that I really don't let them play with the markers because, well, Mia likes to take to the walls with them. But since we have stainless steel in the kitchen, they LOVE that they can use the Leapfrog magnet stuff on it. In fact, that's what they use it for about 90% of the time.

They also love being able to clean the thing with wipes. Seriously. They'll make a huge mess on it just so they can clean it up. Strange children.

I have to say that easel has easily gotten probably the most use out of all the toys they've ever had. Both girls play with it usually at least once a day, if not more than that.

HTH

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

KrystalS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We've had one for about a yr and I think both sides work well. In the directions it says to write on the entire chalkboard with round side of the chalk, like in rows then wipe it off with a wet towel, let it dry, then repeat. Then you aren't supposed to write on it for 24 hrs. We did this and we've never had any problems with the chalk showing up. I think you have to prepare it or something.
    The dry erase side doesnt come completely clean unless you use a cleaner. I just let DD have a baby wipe when she uses it and she cleans it off as she goes. Then when it gets really bad I'll clean it myself. The only thing I don't like about it is DDs paint cups don't fit very well in the holders.
    -Krystal

DD 2/04
    DS 10/5/10

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

So the board IS magnetic? That was another complaint I read, that the board wasn't magnetic. The seller is including magnetic letters and I was really confused after I read the complaint.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

we have one and it's been great! The kids use crayola washable markers on it and I use a baby wipe to wipe it clean! I do believe it is magnetic but to be honest we've never tried with ours! our chalkboard worked fine too... until my DS decided to draw all over it with crayon.... but overall it's been great!

How much are they asking for it..... it it's half the price of a new one then go for it!

~Tondi

Yup. The white side is.

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04