Hi!

I need help selecting a secondary carseat as our son (6 months) is about ready to outgrow his infant seat.

Our primary car is a 1999 Chevy Tahoe and we have already decided to go with the Britax Roundabout or Roundabout Advantage. However, I am having a tough time selecting a car seat to use in my husband's truck - a 1991 Chevy Silverado. The only time my son will be in this seat is when my husband picks him up from Grandma in the afternoons...approximately 1 mile. So I really don't know if it's necessary to spend $200 on an additional RA. I have read the reviews in Baby Bargains and still can't decide.

I have thought about the Fisher Price Safe Embrace II (assuming I can even find one)or the Evenflo Medallion V XL (concerned about the D+ rating).

Are there any other choices? What's the difference between the Medallion V and the Medallion V XL? What about any of the Century convertibles?

Since our son needs to remain rear facing for at least 6 more months, it's obviously important to us to find a rear facing seat that will fit in the front seat of a pick-up (no airbags).

Any suggestions, input and comments would be greatly appreciated!

Best wishes,
Michelle