ThirtySmthing Guest

Default graco snug ride #8446

I recently purchased the Graco Snug ride car seat. I think it is the LX5 in Vintage but I am not sure. The Vin # is 8446. It is not listed on the Graco Baby web site but it i salso not listed on the recall list. I am wondering if anyone has this seat, if it is an older or newer model and why it wouldn't be listed with their standard products?? Wondering if it was discontinued for any reason? thanks!

Default RE: graco snug ride #8446

I just purchased the same exact seat. I saw it on the babycenter website. I purchased it at Baby Depot. It had the inspection stickers on the box making it free from the recall. I read not to purchase it unless it had those specific stickers. If you find out more, I would love to know. Baby Depot had the LX5 in a variety of patterns. It also had the DX5 in the same patterns and the 3 point harness snugride. I don't think it has been discontinued but I could be wrong...

-Melissa
    :)
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

FYI- I looked on the graco website and they have the same seat in the same pattern. It just has a different style number. I noticed that at Baby Depot, they had all the style numbers on a tag on the seat. For the LX5 in the vintage, it said 8446 VIN. For the harbor plaid, it said HAR, for the Melody, it said MEL so I think they might have changed the number , that's all. I think we are safe :)

-Melissa
    :)
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

I love Baby Depot's selection of stollers and car seats (nicer patterns than BRU I think!) And they have a couple "Glider Literider" strollers which I think are great. But I'm worried about purchasing one there because of their return policy...Am I wrong or isn't it 10 days for cash/credit returns and 30 days for exchanges? Do you have any insight into this dilemma? I'm afraid that it will take awhile to notice anything problematic with a seat and stroller sysytem, and then it will be too late. What's your advice? Also, what's the difference between the DX5 and the LX5 ? Amy
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

tobymc Guest

Hi Amy.

I'm no help on Baby Depot's return policy.

But with the Graco SnugRide seat, sold separately from the stroller, the difference between the DX5 and the LX5 can be one of two things. Both usually have the 5 point harness and the front harness adjuster. But some DX5 models have the old base, and some the new. All the LX5s, to my knowledge, have the new base. The old base has a knob to adjust the height, and doesn't work with the Century/Graco latch kit. The new one does work with latch. Both seem to fit well in cars.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I think Baby Depot has the WORST return policy I have ever seen in a retail store. Here is the policy as printed on the bottom of a receipt from there 2 days ago:

"We will gladly exchange merchandise in new condition, accompanied by ticket and receipt, within 14 days. In store credit only, no cash refunds or charge card credits."

A friend told me you can sometimes argue your way around it by playing the "but it was a gift and I don't have the receipt" game. I NEVER buy big ticket items there unless I am POSITIVE it is what I want. Check very carefully. I almost bought my Graco Snugride carseat there (because I liked the patterns there better than at BRU :-) ), but fortunately I noticed in time that it was a 3 point, not a 5 point harness. I would have been so upset. This was nearly a year ago, but carefully inspect the item to ensure that every feature of the product is EXACTLY what you want. Don't just assume that it is the same as what you saw elsewhere just because it is the same manufacturer and model name. Strange but true. As the Fields point out in their book, the big baby stuff manufacturers sometimes make products in a certain configuration for a particular manufacturer.

All that being said, I love a lot of the stuff they have there. And the one near me has a fabulous clearance section.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)