I have a question about the best seat/placement of seat in an F-250 extended cab truck. We registered for an infant seat for my car(a Taurus), one Century Accel for the truck since it is rear facing till 30 lbs and another Accel for my car after the infant seat is outgrown. We just received one of the Accel's and put it into the truck just to see how it would fit. The rear seat of the truck is a little narrow but it looks like it might be ok once secured in the rear facing position, not sure about that yet though. Forward facing though I think the seat back is too straight and the car seat hits the rear window. Is there another seat that would work better in the truck or will we have to use it in the front seat? There is a passenger airbag but it has an on/off switch. The only time we will probably use the truck is for longer trips when we take the dog with us as well. Is it ok to use that seat forward facing in the front? It would also mean me being stuck in the back which isn't all that comfortable for long trips. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sandra