bunkie68 Guest

Default Any experience with Euro Graco travel system?

I'm just starting to shop for baby necessities, and I found what looks to be a pretty good deal on the Euro Graco travel system ($179.99 at Sears). Does anyone have any experience with this system? What about with Graco systems in general? We're expecting our first, and all of this is completely new to me! :D

Geebee Guest

Default RE: Any experience with Euro Graco travel system?

I don't know about the Euro Graco Travel System specifically, but, generally, these traditional travel systems are heavy, bulky, and lower in quality. I started with a traditional travel system (Century), and I regret it. The stroller was heavy and bulky, and I became tired of lugging it in and out of the trunk (I live in the 'burbs, and I am a stay at home mom).

I would choose a car seat first. Then, you can pick a stroller that suits your needs. This process will create a "custom" travel system for you. There are a number of strollers that accept other branded car seats (Snap N' Go frame, Kolcraft Car Seat Carrier frame, Zooper strollers at www.zooperstrollers.com, Peg Perego Plikos, Milanos, and Venezias, and Kidcos, to name a few), so you aren't limited to the features that a traditional travel system manufacturer offers.

If you go with one of the infant car seat carrier frames, like Snap N' Go or Kolcraft Car Seat Carrier, you will also have to buy a stroller when your baby outgrows the infant car seat. Some people like this option because it gives you time to assess your stroller needs before investing in a stroller.

Consider the weight and bulk of the folded stroller. Fold, unfold, lift, lower, and carry the folded stroller down the aisle. This will help you assess what you want to handle in terms of weight and bulk.

I hope that helps. Enjoy your stroller quest!

kesmit Guest

We actually have the twin version of this travel system and have been using it for the past 4 months. Basically, it's been a good system for us. I really liked the ifant carriers ... until we went in for our 4 month check up this week and learned that my twins are almost too long for the seats. In hindsight, I'd look for a system that accomodates 29 inches rather than 26 inches.

In addition, the bottom storage is impossible to get to (on the twin version) when the car seats are in place. This has been a hassle at times.

It moves well, and the pattern is nice. But we have had a couple of MINOR issues with the front "hood" falling off and the back seat getting jammed. This prevented me from laying the seat down lower.

I don't mean this review to sound all negative. Like I said, it's been a good system for the price.

KCR4 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I actually didn't use my travel system much, and then we moved DS from the infant car seat to the Britax Roundabout (a convertible seat) at 5 months, and that was the end of it. So, why didn't I use the travel system? For walks from home, we reclined the seatback of the stroller all the way down and lay the baby in a u-shaped pillow insert (it would have been too hot for him in the car seat for outdoor walks in summertime). For most errands, I carried the infant car seat into the store or put it into the interior of a grocery cart (yes, this meant I didn't do "big shops" at the grocery). The mall and the airport are two places I did use the "travel system."

We now use the baby jogger for walks from home (started that at 4 1/2 months) and a Maclaren Techno stroller is in the trunk of my car. I will probably not use the Graco stroller again! It won't steer one-handed like the Mac, and is bulky in my trunk.

A pregnant friend of mine is about to borrow my infant car seat, and she registered for a Kolcraft universal carrier/frame and declined to borrow my Graco stroller!

Check out the "Infant Car Seat" section of this website:
    http://www.thematlocks.com/jennifer/...eat_safety.htm

Good luck!