Cara Guest

Default Maxi Cosi Priori

Can we have a professional opinion on the MCP?

My baby is 16 months and 22 pounds. Although she is now RF, she could be FF and I heard this seat could be equiped with the Cosco LATCH straps. This seat is so much cheaper than the Britax Marathon!

tobymc Guest

Default RE: Maxi Cosi Priori

I was all set to tell you that the MCP doesn't accept the Cosco latch retrofit kit. But I pulled mine out, and looked, and I see no such restriction. It says it works on all Cosco, Eddie Bauer and Safety 1st car seats made in 1995 or after, except for car beds in reclined position, travel vests and belt positioning-only boosters.

So I guess latch does not distinguish these two, though remember that the retrofit kit costs $20 - $25 plus shipping.

Besides that issue, it rather depends on what you want. With the MA, your baby can stay rear facing for awhile longer. It has a 33 pound rear facing weight limit plus a very tall back. Rear facing is substantially safer than forward facing. And then forward facing, it will last your child past 40 pounds. The top harness slots of the two are similar, but the weight limits are different.

So some peanut children will last in either to age 5 or so. But many kids hit 40 pounds, like mine did, closer to 3 1/2 or 4. I guess you'll have to make a guess. You might want to take a look at a growth chart (www.keepkidshealthy.com has one) to make a better guess.

Caviller Guest

Default RE: Maxi Cosi Priori

The Cosco LATCH retrofit kit is not recommended for use with the MCP. Parents may contact Cosco customer support and should ask to speak with a supervisor if they are given conflicting information by another customer service representative.

Darren