hbove Guest

Default Century Smart Fit Plus and Smart Fit Plus 22 Infant Car Seat

I have been looking all over the internet and in stores for the Century Smart Fit Plus 22 Infant Car seat and have been unsuccessful. I recently emailed the company, only to learn that they have discontinued these car seats. I was very disappointed and would like to know if anyone knows of a good infant seat that will hold infants up to the 22 lbs (that was why I wanted a Century in the first place.) I would love to find this seat if anyone knows of a place where I could locate it. Thanks.

momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Century Smart Fit Plus and Smart Fit Plus 22 Infant Car Seat

The new Evenflo infant seat (the Portabout?) goes up to 22lbs and 29 inches and is supposed to be easier to adjust than the Century seats. I know they have this at Babies R Us and I think Toys R Us. Good luck!
    -Lauren

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The only seats I know of are the Evenflo Portabout and maybe a Century Vante V? (I had an Avanta.... it is a pretty big heavy seat but my son was able to use it to about 9 months). The Evenflo is probably the best option.... and it seems like a pretty nice seat!!!

Good Luck!
    ~Tondi

jbrandy is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Thanks for asking this question--as I had the same one. I've been searching everywhere for the Smart Fit. I too will have to check out the Evenflo. Thanks.
    Beth B
    DS 4-4-03
    DS 4-18-07

alisa3 Guest

Hi all-
    I was just reading this message and wanted to let you know that I bought this carseat: Century SmartFit Plus (Supreme) in 2000 because of the very high reviews in the Baby Bargains book. I absolutely LOVED it and what I liked about it most was that it's weight & height limits were 2 lbs. heavier & 2 inches taller than many other carseats which allowed a little more time for my son to be in the carseat. I own a navy blue check print Century Smartfit Supreme carseat that comes with the headrest insert. My son is past the weight limit and is out of the carseat now so...if you are interested at all in the carseat, email me. Have a great day!
    Alisa
    [email protected]

JP4 Guest

I saw these Century car seats on clearance at my local Toys R Us a couple of days ago. You might want to look and see if a store near you has them in a clearance sale.