My husband tried to install the RA in our 2000 Outback (no latch). Center position. He tethered it to the factory-installed tether mounts in the rear. (I think this is the "Australian" method - according to the pictures I looked at in the link in post 1448.) It looks really funny and flops towards the rear. The seat is in upright position so it might be better reclined. But even so, this can't be right! Shouldn't we be doing the "Swedish" method? i.e. tethering to a point in the front, a front seat mount for eample? I looked in Toby's database and lots of people got good fits in this vehicle in the center and said the seat is tethered. But tethered where?! There are no factory installed mounts except for those in the rear (I think) and nothing in the Subaru manual about tether points under front seats. I do plan to have the installation inspected but I want to make a good efort. And we found out at her 6 month appointment (Monday) DD is 26.5 inches so we need her out of the SnugRide and into the RA ASAP. Help!
:-)
Thanks!
Lisa