DallasMom Guest

Default Britax Roundabout or Marathon for

I just purchased the Britax RA (denim)for my son at Zany Brainey. He's 5 months old, 26" and 18 lbs. Does anyone have any idea if I'll get my monies worth from the RA or should I go with the Marathon for an extra $100? I was thinking maybe the Martathon as a 2nd seat???

Please help?????
    DallasMom

Default RE: Britax Roundabout or Marathon for

If you need 2 seats (and it IS very handy to have one in each car!), then get the Marathon for the second one. Rest assured, you will get plenty of use out of your roundabout (it really does last most kids till at *least* age 3, even the big kids), then he can "graduate" to the Marathon in the main car, and maybe just a booster in the less-used car (there might be some pretty amazing seats out by then, too!). The marathon is great for keeping kids rearfacing...my dd is 3 and still fits and loves it (that's more than most people go for, but if he stays quite tall, then the marathon would at least get him a little more time rearfacing, and you could put him forward facing in the other car...of COURSE when he's a year and 20 pounds! http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/extendedrf.aspx). good luck, Julie
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

mama2be Guest

I'm in the same boat...just bought the Marathon and now think I'm going to get the RA for my second seat...

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We also bought one of each (Colin is almost 4 months old, about 15 pounds and about 27" tall). We plan to have a second baby around the time Colin is outgrowing the Roundabout, so we'll just move #2 into it. And, as someone else mentioned, I wanted to leave room for a more amazing seat in a few years!

Another reason we bought one of each was for travel - I didn't want the Marathon to be my only option on an airplane. I've heard that it fits, but the Roundabout is a bit less to haul through the airport.

Lori & Colin 9/28/02
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

DallasMom Guest

Thanks Julie, we're going to look at the Marathon's this weekend!

DallasMom Guest

Thanks everyone for your advice....:)

I would suggest spending the extra $ and getting the Marathon. My very tall DS gew out to his 2 years 3 months due to height. Of course, this is just before the Marathon came out, but we bought a Super Elite (now the Husky). I like the SE, but it's HUGE and heavy -- we don't move it unless absolutely necessary!

Sarah....