Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Anyone have an Infiniti G35? What car seat fits? Help!

I bought a Britax RA and my daughter is now outgrowing her Snugride. The only problem is, the RA doesn't seem to fit in our car! Does anyone else have an Infiniti G35 and if so, what car seat do you use? Thanks!
    JP

Default RE: Anyone have an Infiniti G35? What car seat fits? Help!

How does it not seem to fit?
    Maybe a tech could show you some tricks to get it to work? try www.seatcheck.net or www.seatcheck.org just in case no one with a G35 has a RA
    But maybe we can help you if you can tell us what the problem seems to be, too :)
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

gmrwong Guest

I actually had a similar question as well. We have just bought a G35 as well, but don't know if the Marathon will fit, we're needing to try.

With regards to the Roundabout, Infiniti corporate does indicate in their Snug Kids Safety Seat Fit Guide that the RA fits the G35.

http://www.infiniti.com/m/pdf/child_safety_G35.pdf

The RA won't work behind the driver's seat because the seat automatically moves back when the door opens, it won't work behind the passenger seat unless we move the seat WAY up (so no one can sit there), and the LATCH buckles are an inch too short if we try to put it in the middle. (Actually, we CAN fit it in the middle, but we if we do, we can't tilt the seat to the required angle because it stretches the buckles) I'm going to take it to the CHP for a check, but the way it looks now, I have a feeling they're going to tell me I have to get a different seat. :( I hope I'm wrong, so if anyone has any insight, please let me know! Thanks!
    JP

Thanks for the link! I don't know if I believe Infiniti! I want them to come and look at the seat in my car and THEN tell me it fits! ;) I heard that they recommend installing seats on the sides only,...not in the center. I'd be curious to hear our results after trying to install the Marathon!
    JP

It's true...I have a copy of the LATCH/Tether manual...it says, "Infiniti does not recommend the use of the two inner LATCH bars to secure a [child restraint] in the middle seating position. LATCH anchors are for specified outboard locations"
    It's ok to use the seatbelt in the center, of course, and a good seatbelt install is as safe as a good LATCH install, so *I* wouldn't go against such explicit recommendations....
    As children get older, they can sit more upright than the maximum recline recommended for newborns of 45 degrees, so sometimes that helps a seat fit in a tighter space.
    But anyway, good luck with the CHP :)
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

gmrwong Guest

Peasprout, I see that you have the same situation as I do. Our son (DS? -I need to sit down to learn these acronyms) is almost too big for his SnugRide @ 19+ lbs / almost 7 months. We have the problem currently with the SnugRide in our Infiniti G35 behind the rear passenger seat. With the front passenger having already to compromise some room / seat recline to accomodate the SnugRide, I was weary of how much DW & I would have to sacrifice for a rear-facing RA / Marathon in the same outboard location. Perhaps, for rear-facing RA / Marathon reclines, we'll need to place in the rear center seat using the seat belts.

P.S. I've posed this same question on an Infiniti forum as well.

http://forums3.freshalloy.com/ubbthr...b=5&o=&fpart=1

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

There should be a switch to turn the memory seats off. We have an I30 & keep that switch in the off position. HTH.

Laura
    mom to William 3.5.2003

Hmmm, makes me doubt the CHP now. They were the ones that insisted that we put the Snugride base in the center, but it sounds like we're not supposed to,...
    JP

I just checked,...our middle seat belt is a shoulder-lap belt rather than just a lap belt. That shouldn't make a difference in installation, right?
    JP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast