brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Snugride in Heatwave-is it too hot? Picking seat for registry

Hi everyone,
    Well, we started our registry w/ the snugride in saratoga plaid. THen I changed my mind about the stroller we were getting and I thought the Glen Plaid might match better (to the zippy in the PK5). Now we're leaning toward the zippy in the FN6, which is khaki/olive w/ turquoise trim, so I'm thinking the best match w/ the snugride might be the heatwave, although I'm not sure about that yet (maybe I'll take the zippy into BRU and see what seat I like w/ it). So this may be the 3rd time I've changed the color on my registry LOL;)

Anyway, my concern w/ the heatwave is...does it get too hot in the sun? Our baby would probably be outgrowing it by early summer anyway (I'm due in February) so hopefully that will help eliminate the heat issue. It is such a dark color I am curious if it gets excessively hot after sitting in the car for an extended period of time?

Thanks!
    Beth

amp Guest

Default RE: Snugride in Heatwave-is it too hot? Picking seat for registry

We never actually left the snugride in the car without the baby in it. We loved the convenience of being able to detach the whole carrier to bring him in the house and being able to snap him in the seat in the house before going to the car. Unless you anticipate leaving the carseat in the car for long periods of time, I don't know that this is necessarily a big consideration. Even if you were taking him to daycare or something, by the time you got there, I suspect your car would be cooled off enough for it not to be an issue. Just a thought...

pritchettzoo Guest

We have the Heatwave, and it hasn't gotten too hot. And we live near Atlanta, where everything is too hot! We put it in the car about the first of August, and I never noticed it putting off heat. The sides are shiny-ish silver, and I think that helps deflect the direct light. Who knows. Anyhoo, especially with it being winter, I wouldn't worry about this at all! If it does absorb heat, that could be a good thing...

Anna
    Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

JenaW is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have the heatwave too, and I really liked it, including the graco quattro stroller - I can not say enough GOOD things about that!
    Anyways....my son was born in May, and we have a black car. We usually don't leave it in the car either, although we did a few rare times if we were shopping and just using the stroller or carrier. We never had a problem with it getting too hot.

Jera
    Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Thanks everyone! I think you are right...the fabric seems a bit shiney so it may deflect the light a bit. We'd use the carrier w/ our Inglesina zippy I'm sure in the beginning a lot, but I also plan to use a sling so in those cases, I might sometimes end up leaving the carrier in the car.
    I appreciate the help! Just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be super hot before I changed my mind a 3rd time LOL;)

Beth