JPFamily Guest

Default Baby Trend Latch Loc Adjustable Back Infant Seat

Has anyone used the Baby Trend brand Latch Loc Adjustable Back Infant Seat? It was recommended in the 5th edition of the book on page 356, however I am having a hard time finding the adjustable back version of the car seat anywhere. Before I keep looking for it, I thought I would see if anyone had used it and what the general feeling was on it. I have found it available in the Tahoe stroller system, but I am not sure I want the Tahoe stroller system as it has not received good reviews. The only Baby Trend Latch Loc infanct seat I have been able to find doesn't indicate whether it is the adjustable back. Thanks for your help!

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Baby Trend Latch Loc Adjustable Back Infant Seat

The adjustable back model is available only with the travel system in stores. Or, you can call Baby Trend and say you are part of the Baby Bargains newsletter and they will sell the seat only to you directly.

I have the seat and the jury is out. I don't know if my ds doesn't like the car, doesn't like the seat, or what, but car rides are not fun for us. He's a long and lean guy, so I hope things change...

~ deb :):)
    mommy to brendan 12/7/03

Hi!
    You've found the only one there is: It comes with the Tahoe stroller. There was a time when you could order the seat directly from Baby Trend, for about $95, but I don't know if they still have any left (the problem, as I heard it, is that Babies R Us would only sell the seat as a travel system...who knows why...maybe that will change soon? Lord knows they have enough other seats that aren't sold as a travel system!)
    Anyway, the LL22 is considerably larger than the LL20 or the snugride, and it will probably last a long time, even for bigger babies...here's a comparison page made by a tech who tests products for baby trend http://www.carseatdata.org/LL2.html
    I agree about the stroller, Baby Trends have not been my favorite brand...but it should hold up to light use with a baby, and then maybe you can get a good peg or maclaren later when the infant seat is outgrown? The gals on the stroller board are an excellent resource for those questions :).
    I hope someone else chimes in with a review for you, but I know a CPS Tech who's using this seat and really loves it. You can try out the seat at Babies R Us...if the rigid latch bars work in your car, it's an instant, rock solid fit in most cases, and not bad with the seatbelt, either.
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Edited to add: Looks like you beat me to this, Debbie! Congratulations on your baby, and I hope he gets used to the car soon (some kids would hate being in the car no matter WHAT seat you put them in, but it's usually a phase...)

chantal66 Guest

I ordered one last week directly from Baby Trend.

It cost $89.99 no tax and including shipping. You have to call them and they give you an order number. Baby Trend does not take credit card so you need to mail them a check. Check takes 2 weeks to clear and then expect another 2-3 weeks to receive from what they say.
    You can also order an extra base of the same color for $39.99 from Baby Trend.

The extendable back is not sold anywhere except in a travel system. Just like you all, I did not like the stroller from Baby Trend so I ordered the carseat only from Baby Trend.

Looking forward receiving it !

Chantal
    Baby due April 22nd, 04

JPFamily Guest

Thanks so much to all of you who responded! I did email Baby Trend and asked if I could order it directly from them. They stated they were currently out, but should have some more in a month. So I will definitely check back. Thanks again! This is one less thing I now have to worry about!