s_gosney Guest

Default Please tell me this gets less awkward...

I switched Kylee to her wizard last week, and every time I put her in there I feel SO clumsy! She usually ends up sitting on the belly pad and the straps are all twisted behind her. What am I doing wrong? I guess I was spoiled to the ease of our 3 pt harness infant carrier, just click and go, but I know she is much safer now.
    I'm assuming that this will just get more natural with time, but I thought I'd ask to see if there are any tips that I don't know about. I'm just glad now that I did get an infant seat. I can't imagine trying to put a floppy newborn into this seat!

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Please tell me this gets less awkward...

It gets better. You'll get the hang of putting her at the right angle to get her in the seat. It's a little more awkward if you have an SUV or a car (versus a minivan) and have her in the middle, but like everything else, you will figure this out!!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

dotgirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We've been putting Riley into his Marathon for about 2 months now, and it's gotten easier, but I don't think it will ever be as easy as the SnugRide was. And now he's taken to trying to climb out of it, which makes getting both buckle sides in and clicked much more difficult.
    - Penny
    DD: Britt (03/22/93)
    DS: Riley (11/04/03)

redhookmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yes, yes it gets easier. (Think about the first time you put a diaper on.( As I put my DD in I supported her back with the back of my hand and pushed all of the buckles out of the way.

A look into the future--- DD is 19 months old. She climbs into the seat and puts the sholder straps on and buckles the top part together!
    Molly
    pack of kids ranging from age 1 to age 13