GatorMom Guest

Default Booster or Marathon or...?

I think I know the answer to this question, but I'd love some feedback.

My dd is 4yo and 36 lbs. and probably just 40 inches. We recently purchased a Starriser for her, which she loves. Unfortunately, she is constantly leaning all the way over (to the side) in it, which I would assume defeats the purpose.

I orginally thought we should just put her back in her trusty RA, but after reading posts tonight was reminded that she's getting too tall. Is my best bet under the circumstances to purchase a Marathon? Or is there something else I should be considering? I am a big big Britax fan, so would be most comfortable w/ their products (recall not withstanding).

Thanks - Julie

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Booster or Marathon or...?

How about a Husky? That will hold her to 80lbs! It is a bigger seat though, so make sure you buy it where you can return it or try it in your car before you buy it.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Default RE: Booster or Marathon or...?

My 4 yo dd is just about that size, and a nightmare in a booster, too. She's in a Marathon most of the time, where she can be contained totally...the src is a great seat for any child who's NOT wiggly. I'd look at a Husky, too, or a Marathon or Wizard (they do have great resale value on ebay, so even getting 2 years out of them and reselling them wouldn't be so bad).
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx