kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Broken Britax RA styrofoam question!

A 1 by 3 inch piece of gray styrofoam from the back of Toby's RA (just at the top, above his head) has broken off! I realized this when I removed the cover to wash it. Given that I have not found the gray piece of foam floating around in the car and that I know that dang thing was intact 3-4 weeks ago when I last washed it I suspect that Delta broke it when we recently gate checked it (3 weeks ago). If it had broken in my car I would have found the foam piece. I had no idea it was broken since the pad covers it completely. Three questions: Should I stop using the seat ASAP? Will Britax sent a replacement for free? Will Delta take responsibility for breaking the seat (if Britax won't/can't replace the foam)? I have Wizard coming for Toby anyway but I wanted the RA as a second carseat and possibly for #2 due in April. Thanks in advance!
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Urgent- Can't reach Britax by phone. I am not using the seat.

Bump.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Default RE: Broken Britax RA styrofoam question!

Yikes! Did you call Britax? They should probably send you some, for free if your seat is under a year (or check their shopping section...just to get an idea what you need to replace?).
    If it's not RIGHT behind his head, they will probably say it's fine to keep using...or tape/glue it back in place...I'm not precisely sure what they'll say, so give them a jingle as soon as you can 1-888-4BRITAX
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx