aahjed Guest

Default Wizard or Boulevard?

I have finally narrowed my carseat search down to one of these two, and I'm having trouble deciding which. My son is only 4months old, but he is already 26 inches. The Wizard would be over $100 cheaper than the Blvd., but the Blvd. looks like it might be more comfy--from the Britax website: "Comfort abounds with a plush, washable cover, while additional comfort foam, patented HUGS® system, shoulder belt comfort pads, integrated toddler pillow, and a removable infant body pillow provide a perfect, adjustable fit as your child grows from 5 to 65 pounds."

Is this the only difference between the two? Is it worth the extra $100? Does the Wizard have the EPS foam also?

Thanks,
    Angela

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Wizard or Boulevard?

The Wizard is just as comfy as the BV IMO and I like the headwings on the Wizard better to boot. As you point out the Wizards on sale are $100 cheaper ----I would go ahead and save the money! All Britax seats have the shock absorbing foam. The only thing the BV adds is the pillows which do not add a degree of safety. But maybe I am just mad since the BV is replacing my BELOVED Wizard?! LOL.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

aahjed Guest

Thanks for the info! I think I'm going to go with the Wizard, although I would like to see both IRL first.

Is Babies R Us the only retailer that carries the Blvd? Does Toys R Us also carry it?

Thanks!

Cathy_Adrian_julian Guest

Hi Angela

Out of this two we went with the Boulevard. Our main problem was DS head which I is not big at all but his neck is not as long. The way his head fits in the wizard was uncomfortable the level where his ears are at would hit the bottom edge of the wizards wings and he couldn't get his head in there well. At first I thought I was doing something wrong But it is a child incompatibility thing LOL I went back to the store with my friend the other day and we both put our kids in the WZ and we noticed the difference right away between her daughter and my son. She even pointed it out without me saying anything. She mentioned how well it fits her daughter but that it didn't look good for DS.

I would recommend you try them IRL and see how it fits your child. $100 is a big difference and I would have saved me the money if it worked but it didn't so the BV it is. And WE LOVE it.

Cathy

Cathy_Adrian_julian Guest

Just BRU for the moment has the BV