Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mommy to a sweet baby boy Guest

Default RE: Britax Decathlon for a newborn ?

I would just like to add that if you do not buy a infant carseat you will be saving at least $80 so i think it would be worth it to put that money towards the decathalon which your dc will be using for at least 5 years, unless they are very big. If you go into a restaurant i would put my ds into his stroller, and even the people that i saw who brought their infant carrier into the restaurant i saw it in the stroller, not on a chair or anything. I also have heard of this chair called the bumbo chair that your dc can use once they are able to hold their head up themselves that you could get and bring to put your dc in. Also when you bring a baby into a restaurant unless they just fell asleep or something it is quite likely that you and your dh will alternate eating and holding the baby. This is what i did with my dh.

hth

btw i agree with what paris told u to do :-)

melbb is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Thanks to you both (and everyone else) who has replied. I think I have been convinced. I am just a little worried about having an infant seat on hand if for some reason DD can't be put into the convertible right away. My SIL has an infant seat, but it would have to be shipped to me.

Mommy to a sweet baby boy Guest

You do not have to have in your house. Do you have a babies r us nearby that your husband or someone could go to to buy you an infant seat in case you need it? Or would you be able to buy it and put it in your house just in case and if you do not need it you can return it?

hth

melbb is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

The BRU isn't really close, but DH could go buy one if we needed to. Likely we won't, so I should just stop worrying.:)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2