Hi all,

I think I'm ready to take the plunge and get my DS his convertible car seat. He still fits in his infant car seat fine but lately with the thicker fall/winter layers he seems more cramped in his seat. I am careful not to buckle him in with a jacket/coat on but still he seems very snug in his seat. We have a Peg Perego PV and it's worked fine for us and I like it but since I will eventually have to get a convertible I kind of thought what delay the inevitable. I have a Pontiac Vibe and really would like to get a Britax, preferably one that goes to 65lbs hoping that DS will use it for that long since as it is he's only in the 10th percentile for weight at 7.5 months, he's fairly tall but he's all leg and has two inches above his head with his infant seat. I know that the Britax car seats are the best on the market and like other may have said I am favoring safety over costs. But still I have a few questions:

1. Are there any car seats that are more affordable than the Britaxes that are just as safe?
2. I know the Britax Wizard has been discontinued and since I can't find it at a store will it fit in my car, since I will have to order it online.
3. Just for reassurance sakes, is there anything bad about the Wizard I should be aware of?
4. What car seats in general fit in the Vibe?

Is there anything else I need to consider before buying? I do plan on going to BRU and trying the seats out and seeing what DS might dislike or like better.

Sorry so many questions...but I just feel lIke I have to be as informed as possible before I make a final decision and buy a seat. Since DS still fits in his infant seat we are thinking of using it in DH's car for now as our spare until he grows out of it.

Thank you in advance for your help.