SpaceGal is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Ready to order a Britaz Wizard but have a question for those experienced

Okay so after a run to BRU with the hubby he said we are limited to a $200 budget for a car seat...so that boils it down to a Britax Wizard from an online vendor or a Evenflo Triumph. Well my question is that since I can't see the box I'll be getting how can I make sure that I will get a Wizard that was manufactured after the recall date. I know I will try to call the online stores and make sure about this but I thought I would ask around since this owuld be the first time I've order something so major online. Looks like Albeebaby.com, Babycatalog.com, and Dreamtimebaby.com...any recommendations on who to order from?

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Ready to order a Britaz Wizard but have a question for those experienced

Albee is great, the seats are always really new (bought 3 from them!). The recall date was like over a year ago so NO store can still sell them. I adore my Wizards and hope you love it as much as I do.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Default RE: Ready to order a Britaz Wizard but have a question for those experienced

We bought both of our wizards from Babyage, and had a great experience with them. Both seats had very recent mfg. dates when we received them. At the time, they had some good coupon codes out there that helped take some off of the price. Babycatalog is good, and I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them, but would only order something like a carseat if they're offering free shipping since they usually add a $10 charge for oversize shipping.

As a PP said, I wouldn't worry about the recall too much. That's been well over a year ago, and they were supposed to have fixed any outstanding inventory. Honestly, we've only replaced the strap on one of our 2 seats thus far (it's on the list of things to do), but never noticed any problems to begin with so we haven't been too worried about it.
    Cathleen
    Mom to DS 8, DD 5 and a Greyhound Princess

hipmaman is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would vote for the WZ too and not to worry about the recall.
    Tam
    Certified Canadian Child Restraint Safety Technician and Instructor

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just ordered two Wizards from Dreamtimebaby a couple of weeks ago. They were delivered ontime and I haven't had any problems. I have also ordered other items from Albeebaby in the past, and was pleased with those transactions also.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

MMEand1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I ordered a Wizard for my DS for $199 w/free shipping from Babycatalog.com. I ordered it in the late afternoon and had it by noon the next day. My DS LOVES his wizard and we will be able to get quite a bit of use out of it due to the high weight limit. Also, his head is cradled perfectly in the head wings when he falls asleep.
    Good luck!
    Mariah P.