Default I love my Decathlon. Now how do you get this dang thing off? (belly pad)

I can't get the belly pad off without it seeming like the whole thing will rip apart. The seat's installed and I'd prefer not to have to remove the whole crotch strap. Ugh. Help!

MamaParis Guest

Default RE: I love my Decathlon. Now how do you get this dang thing off? (belly pad)

Out of curiosity .. why do you want it off? :)

And for what its worth, For my 2003 Roundabout and my older Marathon, I have no trouble taking the belly pad off .. for my Newer Marathon I have to remove the buckle to get it off. I suspect that you'd probably have to remove the buckle. :(
    A pain in the butt ... I know!

Default RE: I love my Decathlon. Now how do you get this dang thing off? (belly pad)

>Out of curiosity .. why do you want it off? :)

Because I find it seriously aggravating to get all the buckles into proper place and have to pull the belly pad out from under the baby's tushy.

Guess I will make due until I have to take the seat out to wash or change the shoulder positions, then. I have no intention of disturbing my seriously good install! LOL

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have found it very easy to slip my hand in and take the buckle out of the DC. Just reach in and turn the holder sideways and pop it up - just reverse to re-install.

kellyotn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have a MA with one of the impossible-to-remove belly pads. They are kinda handy for something to grab whilst looking for the buckle under the kid's bum. If you don't need it for padding, the kid can just sit on it. Sometimes I position it properly, sometimes it resides under the kid's bum. I'd personally leave it. Then you don't have to worry about losing it, and CAN use it if needed. ;-)