swarshaw Guest

Default Replacement Radian and too short straps

After hearing here about the straps being too short on my Radian (haven't noticed yet since DD is only 6 months) I called Sunshine Kids to find out what I could do. They are replacing seats with the shorter straps (before 2/2006). The first time I called the rep I spoke with was less than helpful and pretty rude. I called again today and she apparently has been replaced and the new rep was very helpful. The only small problems are that I have to ship my seat back first and have to pay for said shipping, I am afraid of the price with such a heavy seat! Thankfully I have a Scenera (also thanks to this board) for travel and I can use it for a few days. Gotta love BBB!

I know not many people have this seat but I wanted to post this in case anyone has one of the first ones.

Sarah

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Replacement Radian and too short straps

FWIW, I find FedEx Ground to be thr cheapest shipping option, most times. You can ship from any FedEx Kinkos.

I wonder why they can't just replace the straps?!?!?!

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Sorry to butt in here, but if they are replacing the seats with the too short straps, I would be INSISTING that THEY pay shipping. That is pretty shoddy customer service, IMO.

That sucks that you are having to deal with this!

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
    http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

starrynight Guest

>Sorry to butt in here, but if they are replacing the seats
    >with the too short straps, I would be INSISTING that THEY pay
    >shipping. That is pretty shoddy customer service, IMO.
    >
    >That sucks that you are having to deal with this!

Exactly, either they can ship out replacement straps or they can pay shipping both ways if they want the seats back. That is very poor customer service.

swarshaw Guest

Yeah, the more I thought about it last night the more I realized how ridiculous it is. I can probably get free shipping through my husbands company and I have an extra seat so it didn't occur to me at first how wrong it is-I was just happy to talk to someone else. I did call the store I bought it from to see if I could exchange it there to avoid all of the hassle, still waiting to hear back from them.

swarshaw Guest

Default RE: Replacement Radian and too short straps-Resolved!

I just have to say that Buy Buy Baby is the best. They called Sunshine Kids when I called them about this situation. Sunshine Kids is now shipping me the seat and picking up my old seat, so I don't pay shipping or go without her seat. I am very impressed that Buy Buy Baby responded so well, honestly they didn't even have proof that I purchased the seat from them. This is what keeps me going there over BRU.

So, if anyone else is dealing with this-Sunshine Kids apparently will do the right thing eventually.

Sarah