Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: Cosco Scenera Rear-Facing Installation Question

okay... had posted the link to the same videos... so editting my post.

she doesn't put her knee in because what she did was get behind it and push her body into the top of the seat... I do that in my third row... if I do it in the second row I have to put the front seat forward first and, since my van is dodge and locks at the latchplates of the belts... so it's easier for me to recline my vehicle seat, install... just reach over the seat and pull the belt or latch tight... then put the vehicle seat upright...

Heather - if those of us who could do so, had videos shot of us installing seats and emailed them to you, would you want them for your site?

Kat

That's a good idea, Kat, but it would cause bandwidth issues for me. I still have a few more videos to add that I've already done and as more people see the page and download the videos, it increases the bandwidth and I'll end up having to pay more for it.

Heather, CPS Tech
    http://www.CarSeatSite.com

ah... good point.

then... another question... what's a good site for hosting videos?

one that I could figure out... cause I would like to do that... at some point I'd also like to get my tripod site finished.

Kat

I'm just using a different technique. I don't put my knee into a rear-facing seat because I think it's awkward and requires a lot of energy. The technique I showed actually uses very little muscle and gets the seat rock solid at the same time--it's my favorite, but doesn't work in every situation (probably 95%, though).

Heather, CPS Tech
    http://www.CarSeatSite.com

gilliesgal Guest

Heather. . . . I'm in a Honda Civic, so I can't get behind the car seat quite the same way. So, should I be doing the manuever with my knee?

Also, DS is 9 months. . . is the 45 degree angle an imperative thing at this point or is he no longer "a young baby"?

Thanks-
    Kellie

(so good to watch the video!)

Piglet is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I am in the same boat - installing in an Oldsmobile sedan and DS2 is 11 months old. Do I need the 45 degree angle? I really worked up a sweat installing the Scenera with LATCH. I have never installed in a LATCH car, so maybe this is the way it always works, but I haven't worked that hard to get a tight fit since my very first carseat install - a Snugride base in a 2-door 1989 Dodge Colt that needed a locking clip... arggghh!

Thanks,

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014

bensmom is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

45 degree angle isn't necessary. Generally, once the child can sit upright unassisted (but possibly before), more upright is fine. With DS, I think I stopped worrying about the recline when we switched from the infant seat.

Ilana

CPS Tech and mom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2