Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: re-install tether strap in Cosco car seat

the strap is one long strap... it goes through the connector and through the part similar to a seatbelt latchplate.

if it were me, I'd still order a new one, but this would at least be a temp fix.

you would take the loop end... feed it in through one of the slots for the tether (according to the instructions)
    and out through the one at the top of the seat (the back of the seat should match the picture on the instructions)

then feed the connector, latchplate, and strap through the loop.

connect, pull the adjusting part of strap to tighten.

motheroftwo Guest

I looked at a Cosco car seat in the store and the tether seemed to be attached differently. There are two slots in the back of the seat and the strap comes out through one and then back through the other. It then comes up the top (inside) of the seat and hangs over the back. At that point, the end feeds through the latchplate.

It doesn't appear that any sewn loop is involved, which is why I was thinking that my tether strap is perfectly safe.

I can't figure out how to get the end to feed through the latchplate. It's supposed to go under this little bar and come back out. I figure there must be a trick to it but I couldn't figure it out. I don't know if a part of the latchplate comes undone. I don't want to break it.

This is so frustrating! I'm so close yet so far.
    Pam

oh... I get it... there shouldn't be a loop as it goes through the buckle... I'd be lost, too.

maybe call cosco to talk you through it?

Kat

motheroftwo Guest

Cosco won't tell me (at least not by e-mail.. so far. I think I'm driving them crazy with e-mails but they're irritating me as well.). They want me to buy a new tether. They won't listen to me say that my tether is perfectly fine and just explain how to re-install. They say it's unsafe and that it shouldn't have been uninistalled. They said their FAQ are on their American site and not meant for Canadians (apparently Americans can remove their tether when using as a booster but Canadians can't. The site I was looking at had a Canadian flag on it so I don't know how I was supposed to know it's American.) A while ago, they said a tether was $10 US and now they say it's $18 US. They told me I could buy a tether at Wal-mart etc. I said to them that I'd still need instructions to install!

I'm considering cutting the strap again so that it would be just one layer of material (instead of two) trying to feed under the bar. I could re-sew it after. I'm hesitant to do that though. I just wonder if there's another way. I don't know if one of my e-mails to Cosco will cause them to break down and actually send me instructions. I wonder if calling would have a different result.
    Pam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2