anbp05 Guest

Default 2000 Dodge Durango - tether anchors?

Does anyone know if the 2000 Dodge Durango has tether anchors? I just helped a friend of mine install 2 Britax Regents in hers and she said it did not have them, but I did not have time to look for them plus her cargo area was packed with baby gear. Her older child is fast approaching 50 lbs so she needs the seats anchored asap.

Default RE: 2000 Dodge Durango - tether anchors?

Durangos are weird...I hope someone can chime in, but sometimes the cargo anchors are the tether anchors. Either the vehicle manual or a dealer should be able to help point them out or install them.
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

schums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have a 2000 Durango, and it does have tether anchors (according to the dealer). They are square shaped rings behind the 2 back passenger seats in the second row (didn't check them middle seat -- we don't use it -- so there may be 3 anchors back there). The hooks behind the third row (if she has one) are specifically mentioned in the manual as "not safe anchors for a child seat thether strap". I think I'm going to call Chrysler tomorrow and double check that the hooks behind the second row are in fact tether anchors (since theya aren't specifically mentioned one way or the other in the manual). I'll update when I get ahold of someone.

Sarah
    Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

anbp05 Guest

Where are the hooks located? In my Ford Explorer they are located in the floor of the cargo area, however in my friend's Durango there are none there. Are they attached to the actual seat or underneath the seat?

Default DP

DP

Sarah

Default UPDATE! RE: 2000 Dodge Durango - tether anchors?

Ok, after talking to 3 people at the 1-800 Chrysler line and 2 people crawling around in my car at the dealership, I finally got an answer. The square cargo anchors DIRECTLY behind the second row seat (outboard positions) are also tether anchors. The are on the floor directly below the headrests. They look identical to the hooks just inside the liftgate (that are in the plastic molding) but are on the floor where the third row passengers would put their feet. There is a small plate screwed into the floor with a square/rectangular metal ring that will flop onto the floor if nothing is holding it up. I'll see if I can get a decent pic and edit later.

Here's a pic showing where the anchor is. Note that the seat back you see is the second row bench and the seat is the third row seat.

Here's a closeup of the actual anchor, again behind the second row bench seat.

HTH,
    Sarah