We're car shopping. Right now we have 2 boys, ages almost 4 and 17 months. We're undecided about child #3 (I'm ready, dh feels our family is complete). Anyone own a Pilot and manage to install 3 seats across the rear? If we had 3 in the middle, we couldn't put the seats forward to have people access the back, should we need to accomodate additional passengers (i.e. grandma). Or if we put 2 in the far back, could we put one in the middle row, outboard, and then fold down one seat to access the back? Or would that totally not work?

A minivan probably makes more sense but dh is Mr. Safety/Consumer Reports and apparently most vans scored "okay" or "maginal" for rear crash tests and he's worried about having any of the kids in the far back. We'd been looking at the Odyssey, which we love otherwise (the Odyssey did great on all crash tests except for the rear). The Pilot does really well in crash tests, but might be a bit of a pain getting 3 kids out of the far back.

I guess the only vans that did really well in all types of crashes were the Kia Sedona and Hyundai (forget what it's called but apparently these are the same cars structually). Anyone own either of these and if so, are you happy with them?

Also, as a general rule, are boosters narrower or the same width as most car seats? Both boys are small for their ages and it will be a long while before my oldest is in a booster. Wondering if I could still fit 3 across if need be, as they get a bit older.

Thanks so much for any words of wisdom!