Dcclerk is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default 3 across in Toyota Camry or the equivalent

Both my DH and MIL have sedans. Currently we have a Roundabout, Marathon/Wizard and a snugride that BARELY fit in their cars. When DD outgrows the snugride, we are pretty worried about being able to get 3 across. I would ideally by Britax since that is all we have had and I have been happy with them, but I don't think any seats would work. (I'm not really interested in putting my 4 year old in a booster since I understand it is hard to properly buckle with 3 across.) If you told me the Regent would work for our situation, I would do it in a heartbeat. I suspect that it won't, though. From my back reading, it looks like we might have a shot at the Radian. What do you think?

And what is the difference between the Radian 65 and the Radian 80?

Why are many people told not to bother with the Radian 80 and just get the 65? Does it matter that I have very tall kids for your analysis?

Thanks so much!

Default RE: 3 across in Toyota Camry or the equivalent

The 80 and the 65 are the same seat. They just have different names, and the 80 has padding for infants. My tallish, skinniesh dd outgrew it by height at 49 inches and 49 pounds, at age 7 and like 2 months. We love it, though, it's very much like a Britax...just good quality all around. I use it rearfacing for my 17 month old now, and like it almost as much as the Roundabout we have in the other car (good LATCH connectors, high quality non twist harness, high quality cover, velcro to hold the harness back, EPS foam...). You could also maybe/probably get another Roundabout in there where the Snugride is, but of course it wouldn't last as long. If you can't find a Radian at a store locally to try out, order from Target, they accept instore returns...it weighs 22 pounds and you don't want to have to pay to ship it back if it doesn't work!

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx