caipiana Guest

Default Car Seat for 30m old?

I need your help please. Soon I have to move my 6 month old out of her infant seat and would like to give her my 30 month old daughter's Britax Decathlon.

Now what do I get for my oldest? The Regent, the Radian, Recaro? I want that she can stay as long as possible in a 5-point harniss, and the seat should be comfortable, too. Plus where I could get the seat on sale.

She is now 36.5" tall, I've measured her sitting bum to shoulder = 14.5", bum to top of head 21.5". I am not sure if these measurements even help ...? she weighs 32 lbs.

I appreciate any advice. Thank you.

Antonia

Default RE: Car Seat for 30m old?

Probably Recaro Como (taller top slots, higher weight limit)...or just get a new seat for the 6 month and let your dd stay in her nice comfy seat (which most of have been recalled, did you see the post at the top?)...it'll (The Decathlon you have)fit her till she's 5.5-6 and ready to go to a booster, and you won't have to wrestle with that dang Regent and all it's weird rules (it used to be easy to install, now it's hard, I'm SO not impressed with it lately!).

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

caipiana Guest

The Regent is not easy to install anymore? Hmm, thats not so good. What do you think about the Radian?
    I saw the recall and called to get my kit, should be here soon.

Antonia

Yeah, the Regent insists on the recline bar and the long and short belt path depending on the child's weight, so it doesn't fit in as many cars like it did...

I like the Radian... fit my dd till she was 6 comfortably... sometimes hard to install in some cars, but good if you have LATCH...

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx