Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Maxi Cosi Priori??

I am very interested in getting this seat. Can anyone tell me more about it? I like the idea that there is a recline feature. Is the recline only in forward facing, though?

How does it compare to the Britax seats? Or the Radian?

Cost is not an issue to me. I just want the best seat for my child. Oh, and I like the idea that it looks cool. ;)

My son is 5 months old and average size, so I'm not so worried about him growing out of anything very quickly.

Thanks!

Default RE: Maxi Cosi Priori??

I'm *dying* to get my hands on one!!! The old Maxi Cosi they had in 2001 was incredibly nice, I hope this one is just as nice. Stick around and as soon as one of us sees it in real life, we'll rave about it, lol.

:D
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Aishe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Just an FYI: I contacted elitecarseats.com today and they said they expect to receive this seat early next week.

http://www.elitecarseats.com/Maxi-Cosi-Priori.pro

Interesting. But no chest clip? Wonder what harness heights are?

"Graco"? That's kind of funny!

That's the EU version, hopefully they'll post pictures of the US version when it's in stock?

Next week?!?!!? I guess I need to order one for my birthday? :D

If you get one I would love to know what you think!

KTARS is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

I have an older Maxi Cosi Priori as well as two of my friends! :) We scooped them up a few years ago off e-bay when they were being clearanced out.
    They are such awesome seats!

Ours are the older FF-only ones that go from 20-40 lbs. The recline feature is awesome. It just glides. And the harness adjuster is the smoothest thing I have ever pulled (other than my Chicco Keyfit!) A LOT easier to pull and sooo much smoother than my Britax Roundabout and Marathon to give you perspective (and we all know how easy those are!).
    The top harness height is taller than the Roundabout - but I'm not sure if its taller than the Marathon. My oldest is 4 year old and still fits in it just fine and my son, who is at the top slots on the Roundabout and is about to turn 3 years old still has growing room left in the Priori.
    Ours is older so its a NON-LATCH version. But it has one of the easierst seatbelt installs EVER! Beacause the seat reclines, you can recline it and it leaves this big gap in the back for you to thread the seatbelt through and all that. The built-in lock-offs are awesome - some of the best lock-offs I have ever used!

My only complaint and my kids only complaint is the lack of padding! Our older model one is seriously lacking in padding. Its basically a shell with a thin velour cover on it with very thin padding. The kids don't mind for everyday stuff, but when we're driving for more than a couple of hours, you can see them start to wiggle and complain about their butts going numb. And my oldest likes to bang her head to the music we play in the car ... and she always has complained that the priori was too hard for her to do that in.
    But really thats my only complaint ... no head banging from the kids and after a looong drive they sometimes complain of sore butts.
    But the newer ones DO look like they may have some better padding.

Ours expires next year, I think. I was told 8 years for the older US Maxi Cosis ... is that correct?

Yup, 8 years for those old ones :). I stuck my kids in it for a cross-country trip, and halfway through I had to stop at walmart and buy some batting to put under the bum, they wouldn't stop complaining. That was in my pre-CPS days, but it was non-flammable upholstery grade stuff and I don't think it would have made the seat perform worse in a crash.

Aishe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'll take one for the team and order one. My daughter still hates her Boulevard so we're going to give this a shot. Plus, you know, they look cool:-)

Wheeeeee! Thanks :). Tell us how it goes :D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast