cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default small, stylish diaper bag for 30.00 or less??

OK DS is arriving next week and I already have 3 diaper bags....The Nicole Miller diaper bag, LE back pack and LE little tripper. Although I have heard the little tripper is great, I hate the way it looks. I got it in black. Does anyone know of a small, stylish bag for quick trips??? I don't want to spend much either.....TIA.

mcmorfit Guest

Default RE: small, stylish diaper bag for 30.00 or less??

Wow! Good luck in the next week before the wee one arrives.

For quick trips I use a Curious George tote bag (or for under $30 you could get a tote/purse from Target) and then a First Years changing pad. The changing pad has enough room for two diapers and a seperate compartement for wipes, files, lotion, etc. I have a lap pad in there as well for added "comfort". Then I have a plastic bag with a change of outfit.

HTH

ginalc Guest

You may just want to use a purse instead. After the baby arrives you may find that the items you want to carry don't require a diaper bag. I like the LE little tripper because it can be filled with liquids in one portion of the bag and the other portions stay completely dry. (I found this piece of information out thanks to my 2 yr old! :) )They also clean up easily. I haven't found a bag yet that can match the wear and tear of the LE bags.

For baby #1 I used a purse that could hold 2-3 diapers, and a compact changing pad that folded flat. I BF so I didn't need a bottle holder and we never strayed far from home. With my other children, I've used the LE bags because I needed something more durable and I like the changing pad when I'm out and about. Usually, my diaper bag is tucked in the stroller basket anyway.

gina, mom to 3

heidi_timms Guest

For the price, Target sells those new baby bags designed by Amy Coe. You can view them at target.com. I think that they range from $14.99-19.99. I thought they were very cute, although I have two diaper bags already!

erzzie Guest

Actually, I have two small diaper bags because I couldn't decide between the two... the LE little tripper, and the Eddie Bauer Diaper Daypouch. The Eddie Bauer stores had it on sale (though I don't remember the exact price), and I bought mine at the EB Outlet for 1/2 price (reg 32, I bought for $16). I think it's much more purse looking. It has a nice spot for a cell phone, bottle, two zippered compartments, and organizer slots just under the front flap. It has no changing pad, so I put a flannel waterproof pad inside for that. I packed up the little tripper and the EB bag, both hold approx the same amount of stuff (not including the huge changing pad that comes with the LE little tripper). It sort of slings over your body which I liked because it won't slide down my arm and smack the baby in the face when I'm picking her up lol!

http://www.eddiebauer.com/eb/product..._id=20493&nv=5

HTH Melinda