MomTo5 Guest

Default What do you think of the Kool Stop/Kool Stride Joggers?

I like the look and may get this instead of the Aria since I want to start walking alot for exercise. Are they good strollers? Do they fold well and fairly flat?? Any info. would be great! Thanks.

Melissa

toomanystrollers Guest

Default RE: What do you think of the Kool Stop/Kool Stride Joggers?

Hi Melissa,
    I ordered one from Agee Bike (great service) about two years ago.
    It was the double model and I promptly sent it back and ordered a Baby Jogger Twinner (which I'm considering selling and ordering a MBUD for baby #3 on the way). Previous to my Twinner, I had and loved the Baby Jogger Single (for walking, light jogging) and the quality of the Kool Stride could not compare. The assembly directions were designed for an engineer. (I was thoroughly frustrated) and on the double model, there was no aluminum support beam running between the seats (The twinner has this). The support consisted of a velcro strap attached to the middle of the handle. I figured my two kids would wear this out in no time.
    I love my Twinner and I'm trying to find a SBS to fit my 2 yr. old moose and the baby on the way. 4 yr. old big sis is done w/strollers.
    That's the only reason I'm considering the MBUD. You can't use a Twinner in the mall very easily.

Hope this helps,
    Pam

Susann Guest

I have also a double Kool Stop. I love it so much that after selling it to my friend I missed it so much that I bought it back!
    I have a Baby Jogger 3. I love some features, like the suspension but what I really dislike is that it's very unstable. I have a feeling that it tips over every time I go downhills or uphills or just not hold on to it.I wanted the reclining seat but after buying it found out that it can be used reclined only for infants under 1yrs. I do understand why, it would tip over with bigger kids. I have a feeling that I wasted my money on it.
    The Kool Stop has btw a new folding system (fast and convenient). But that's only on the 2003 models. It folds flat if you remove the wheels but I guess all the joggers are pretty flat w/o the wheels.
    I have used my Kool Stop for almost 5 yrs and it doesn't show much of wear at all.
    The single Kool Stop doesn't fit through regular doors (in a house) but the Baby Jogger and I guess all the other strollers do.

Susann

I have a MBUD, and just bought the KS. I wanted a single with 20" wheels to use on the beach. I am very pleased. For me, the fold was easier than on the BJ, the seat reclines nicely, and the seat was wider. It also folds much smaller.

Both my almost 5 year old and 2 year old took turns sleeping in it, so it must have been pretty comfy for them. I got a 2002, btw, because I wanted the option of getting an add-on seat if I need it. Also, they are being clearanced out all over for good prices right now.
    Strollerqueen

Michigan Mama Guest

I might be buying a friend's Kool Stop/Kool Stride single jogger which she bought 5 years ago for around $168. It's got 4 pins in it that must be disengaged to fold the stroller down. I'm concerned a/b these pins and the trouble my son may get into b/c of where 2 of them are positioned - right where my son rests his hands. Can anyone tell me a/b this 5 year old stroller and compare it to a newer model? I'm hoping for a good deal on it, but really had my heart set on a Baby Jogger II. PLEASE ADVISE!!!

mamaharsh Guest

I have one of the old kool stop joggers with the pinfold. I don't fold mine often, but it is pretty easy to do and it is fairly compact. When it is put together, we've had no issues with the pins. The only issue at all is that my son can touch the wheels, but I was pretty vigilant for the first few uses and now he leaves them alone. In general, I've been very happy with this jogger.

Hope that helps.

Sara, mama to Nathaniel, 10/01