Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    honeybea Guest

Default It's here, it's here!

My Bugaboo just arrived today, and I wanted to start a thread in order to keep up with my experiences with it. I welcome questions and experiences from others. I do not want to be a thread hog!

I saw the Fed Ex guy drive up, and raced out to meet him. I knew what he had for me. I get the box inside the house and opened it up and of course, it's in about 20 pieces. The first thing I took out was the diaper bag/back pack. Man, it was big looking! I'm sure if we don't have it attached to the stroller, Matt will be carrying it! So, then I go back in for more. RRRRIIIINNNNNNNGGGG! Ugh! Who could be calling me right now? Of course I do work at home, and it's officially work hours. Can Larry not understand, I have a new stroller to play with! I dealt with Larry for almost 2 hours, before I could go back and try to put the stroller together.

Ok, so I break out all the pieces out of the box. Each piece in it's own respective bag. Got the instructions out. The instruction booklet is really kind of cool because it opens up two ways. One way for the written instructions and the other way for the visuals. It's cool cause your always able to look at the visual section while your reading the written part.

I do not claim to be any type of great-put-er-together-type-o person. I can throw tantrums and get ticked because I don't understand something, or something doesn't *fit*. Mind you, it took my mother and Matt TWO HOURS to put together my travel system, and almost that much to put together G's crib. Imagine my suprise when it took me 1/2 an hour (BY MYSELF) to put the Frog together. How can something so high tech not require an engineer or mathematician to put it together? After all, it was designed by an engineer. Hmmm, guess that engineer knew there would be people like me buying this thing. The hardest part of putting the stroller together was positioning two O-rings over their corresponding projection pin on the seat frame. This was hard for me because I don't have a lot of upper body strength, and this did require some heaving pulling and stretching to get the strap positioned. This is where I almost renamed the Bugaboo to the Bugabitch! I finally prayed and pleaded with God long enough where he finally gave into my wishes. After all, there's NO WAY I could wait till Matt got home to help me finish.

So, after putting it together, I took it for a test spin, around the house of course and without G. She's at daycare, and once again, I couldn't wait for her to get home to drive it. I looked at the dog, thinking she might appreciate being wheeled around. Well, OK, maybe not. I thought about it. She's just too big. The video on the bugaboo site is pretty darn accurate in terms of ease to reverse the handle, seat, etc. I was very impressed and thought I would be calling for help, but I've all ready got the basics down on it.

I video taped it and can post pictures that way until I get some color film in my camera, get it developed and the pics scanned. Which if any of you know me...that could be a month.

We'll probably break it in tomorrow, taking it to the mall and the park (weather permitting of course).

I'll share more pros and cons as they come up.

Default RE: It's here, it's here!

I am laughing hysterically in the office and people are starting to give me funny looks. You are too funny. I have to get off my tush and order my bugbaboo but I still have to get rid of the Emmaljunga EC1 first. Luckily it's on e-bay and should be gone within the next week and a half or so. I already sold my Inglesina Planet (Wah!!!) and I am really missing it. It was my favorite stroller. Now if I can talk my best friend into taking the Pliko I will just have the Mistral left at home and the aria at my MIL's than I can order the bugaboo and MBUS (I know, I know redundant... But I want both).

Please keep me posted on the Bugaboo and how you like it. I hope I love it and I won't regret giving up the planet.

Sandy
    mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02
    Sandy
    Mommy to Alexander Thor (9)
    & Marisa Mia (6)

You are just too funny! If we can't get excited over the little things, life definitely loses some of its joy! Congrats on getting it together yourself! Like you said, it's very straightforward how to do it, but somehow we managed to fudge it! We put our canopy on backwards and used it that way for over a month! (I kept wondering why no one else seemed to have any problems with the canopy design! :P ) I hope you have fun with it tomorrow!

Sandy, granted I've never seen an Inglesina Planet IRL, but I think you'll never look back once you get your Bugaboo!

HoneyButter Guest

Great post! I ove all of the little details you put in there. I could really feel your excitement and can't wait to feel that same excitement. BTW, what color did you get?

Debtex Guest

AIIIGH!! I can't wait to put ours together, but DH insists we wait until one month prior to our due date. So it's been sitting in its box in the utility room calling to me for almost a month now!

This post could start a fight today between myself and DH!

Deb
    (Who bought an adorable bike bell to go on her Bugaboo yesterday because she is a complete dork!)

honeybea Guest

Ok, I don't see how anyone can not open a package once they get it. I like to open up junk mail, so I know the suspense has got to be killing you.

We got a the red bugaboo. She's a beauty!

Anyway, I have some more details to add:

This baby is definitely like a puzzle. Many ways to operate it. I got confused when trying to set it back up and took me just as long to figure out how to get it set back up as it did for me to put the entire thing together! But, in my defense. I hadn't ever done it before. Now I know the trick. The release buttons on the inside handle are your friends. When in doubt, and you can't seem to get it set up right use these to release the handle and move to a different position. This is key to setting it up from the break down position.

Oh, and breaking down was a piece of cake! I left the bag attached to the frame so it looks a little bigger due to the bulk on the frame. I don't know if I stacked the seat right on the frame in the trailblazer or not. Of course it's bigger than my umbrella stroller, but considerably smaller than my travel system. I actually got this to fit long ways in the vehicle.

Now in all my excitedness, I did make A Bugaboo-boo:

When putting the seat on the frame make sure the lap belt is ABOVE the O-ring and positioning pin. Remember how hard I worked on that? We had to undo those straps in order to get the lap belt straps where they were supposed to be. Matt has much more upper body strength...he's my hero!

ameelo Guest

Default Maybe this will help someone else...

Uhm...btw...there's a really "easy" way to install the seat covers.

When you have one side on, you flip that side to the ground (plz do this on carpet as you don't want to scuff up or dirty the bugaboo! LOL!) and then place one knee on top of the unhooked side and press down with your body weight. This will depress the frame just enough for you to easily slide the grommet onto the post.

LOL! Its actually really easy to take on/off once you know this trick.

I just thought I'd add this so that those who have yet to assemble theirs will have an easier time. Bugaboo taught me this trick so I know its safe for the frame!

Congrats on your Bugaboo! I'm soooo glad that you finally got it. Its torture waiting for a stroller, huh?

Amee

honeybea Guest

Default RE: Maybe this will help someone else...

Yes, that tip would have been nice to know before hand! But, at least I know now!

Ok, so we took it out for a spin in the mall on Saturday, and it was great. It's so quiet! And, it steers like a dream. Genevevieve looked so much better in this stroller. Definitely solves her hunching and leaning up to see out problem. I'm going to include a picture of her in that we took Friday evening. We got one comment from a sales lady in Victoria's secret that said "What a neat stroller! Where did you get it?" Then she commented that Genevieve was riding in style. One of the great things about this stroller is you can practically roll it right up to a table and use it as a high chair. However, now we've broken it in with Milk and Crackers!

Yesterday, after Mass we went to the park and walked for 20 minutes. We're going to start going to the 10:30 Mass on Sundays, pack a lunch and go to the park after Mass and do our walking. It was great on the pavement, and G didn't even make a peep for 20 minutes. She loved riding in it!

Ok, now for some other details:
    The napper bar is a pain in the butt to take off and to put back on! I wanted G to have it on there so we could attach toys to it for her to play with. However, I think I might to Babies R Us and just look for one of those toys that specifically attach to a stroller.

The backpack diaper bag...is pretty cool. We used it as the actual backpack this weekend instead of strapping it to the stroller. It's got a one shoulder strap, that crosses your chest, so it looks cool. You can get a lot of stuff in the bag, but it sure is hard to find stuff in there based on the width of it. You end up stacking more things in there then sorting them. Not only does it have the insulated bottle pockets on the outside, it also has some bottle, cup holders on the inside. The bottle pockets will accomodate a large Avent bottle. And, the other bottle pocket I wound up stacking a couple of jars of baby food and a plastic container of pears in. The bag also has a removable cell phone pocket which can be attached to a velcro strip on the front of the strap when you're wearing the backpack, but I think I look stupid with a phone case right between my breasts. And, I decided that no one would want to be calling my chest anyways!

newmomnyc Guest

What color diaper bag did you get? I have the red stroller and can't decide between the black and the red bags.

Yes, the napper bar is a pain. We've never used it yet, actually. Maybe the more you use it the easier it gets (?)

Another point: our dd is only 11 weeks old, but we just gave in and switched from the bassinet to the seat. Also, she's relatively big (almost 14.5 lbs). While I love the idea of the bassinet (and it's great for sleeping), if she was awake, she hated being in there. She loves the seat, and we don't keep her in there for long (to be safe, as Bugaboo recommends the 2.5 hour limit).

newmomnyc Guest

p.s. The tip about attaching the straps to the grommet was a big help. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast