jmac588 Guest

Default MBUD...good for power walking?

I admit to lusting after the MBUD, but I really don't need another status symbol....I need a workhorse!!! Will an MBUD really be able to tackle the cracked, bumpy, old slate sidewalks in my neighborhood? I have to go up and down alot of curbs too.

Can it really take the place of a jogger? I won't be jogging, but will be walking at a brisk pace and need to know that the MBUD will be able to keep up.

Thanks,

Jill

ds 1/19/01
    dd 3/18/03

suribear Guest

Default RE: MBUD...good for power walking?

Yes, that's how I use it :)

Kris

I agree that the answer is yes, but if this is your main use for the stroller the Mountain Buggy Terrain will be an even better fit. I posted on this about six months ago - I was deciding between the MBUD and the MBTD. I had responses from stroller queen among others all saying the terrain was a better fit for just outside use. I picked the terrain and I can not tell you how happy I am. It is amazing on the sidewalks, paths, everything! I like it better than my Bugaboo. The fixed wheel allows for much better control outside, and it still steers like a dream.

Yes, that would be what i would describe the mountain buggy's as "workhorse" strollers...the "status symbol" part is just a spinoff unfortunately.

I've actually owned both the terrain and urban double..basically my opinion would be if your strictly using it for outdoors then the terrain will ride a touch above the urban for outdoors..however if you intend it for indoor/outdoor use i would vote the urban.

My urban has gone about my property...country with grass/gravel etc...it has done fine even in snow.

Again basically the urban is for those who need the hybrid..the terrain is for those who just want the outdoor ability as it is not as maneouverable inside due to the lack of swivel wheel.

:)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://cmw.dailymoviereviews.com/contrib/fk/bunny.gif

Yes, I definitely preferred my Terrain for the kind of thing you are talking about.

The main reason I switched over to a MBUD was because of crowds. It was more maneuverable. Also, when you children get older and heavier, you might tire of "popping wheelies" when you are making turns.

Susann Guest

I have a Kiwi and a jogger. And I really love the Kiwi but I have to say that I can't stop raving about how easily the jogger goes over lawns, bumps, cracks.... compared to the Kiwi. Also, since I live on top of a hill, I really like having a handbrake to slow down the stroller when going downhills.

Susann

Calmegja2 Guest

Yes. It's what I use it for the most, and I adore it for that purpose. SO much easier than popping wheelies.

hipmaman is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I really like my double Terrain for the great outdoor. The occasional times that we need to stop at the neighbourhood stores, it is fine too.

My friends like their double URban too, but I like the solid and rugged feel the Terrain gives me.

Good luck deciding

Tam
    Certified Canadian Child Restraint Safety Technician and Instructor