Hi everyone,

I know this has been a commonly asked question, but I haven't found my answer yet...

Traveling to Europe next month and I'm not sure what to do about a stroller/car seat.

My daughter is going to be 5 months old at the time of travel, and right now we are exclusively using a Graco Snugride and Snap and Go. We also have a Zippy, but have barely used it because the Snap and Go has worked out so well.

For this trip, I am worried about carrying a lot of gear and want to pare down our load as much as possible. I know we could take the Zippy and the car seat, but I hate to run the risk of having the Zippy ruined by the airline.

1. Should we take the car seat? From a safety perspective I'm thinking yes...??? I know if we rent a car, we can also rent a car seat. What about taxi rides, private tours, etc.? Any experience/opinions appreciated. I don't know if this will end up being more of a problem than anything.

2. Would we be better off buying, for example, a Combi DX? That way it would be comfortable, light, and easy to carry via the strap.

3. Should we just take the car seat and SNG and deal with it.

I'm just concerned that the SNG/car seat combo will be a problem in the areas we will be traveling to(Amalfi coast, Switzerland).

Help!!!!

I'm looking for great advice from all of you experienced travelers!