shippy927 Guest

Default PP TenderXL and CarSeats?

I just bought a Peg Perego TenderXL stroller second hand. The BBB and several web sites and postings state that this stoller can take infant car seats (I'm expecting twins). The PP web site says otherwise. Does anyone know if the Tender can take a car seat and how they attach?

McQ is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: PP TenderXL and CarSeats?

My Tender XL could take the Viaggio. We never really used that feature so I'm not a pro at it but from what I remember if you lifted up the seat fabric there were clips that you could pop up that it snapped into.

I sold my stroller and sent the users manual with it so I can't double check that for you.

Allison
    ~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

annasmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hi, I just got the Martinelli version of the Tender XL, and it definitely takes the PP Primo Viaggio, but I do not think it officially takes any other car seats. My stroller is packed away in storage right now until my baby is born so I will have to try to explain from memory. Did your stroller come with an owner's manual?? The back seat has clips underneath the fabric that pop up from the seat base(not the easiest to do - I still need to practice). The Primo Viaggio base then attaches to the clips. For the front seat, two parts snap off of the napper bar, and then there are also clips on either side of the front seat that come out. (On my stroller, there are what looks to be pockets on either side of the front seat, the clips are hidden behind) I haven't tried my car seat in the front seat, so I am not sure how it is supposed to rest. HTH!
    Eileen

DD - 6 y.o.
    DS - 4 y.o.
    DS - 2 y.o.
    DD - 8 months

tinkerbell1217 Guest

Depends on how old the stroller is. If it was made before 2002, I believe, then there wouldn't be any seat clips for the car seats. Not sure the exact year they started doing the seat clips. Might have been 2002, might have been 2001. You could email Peg CS to find out. Or, lift up the seat fabric and see if the seat clips are there. They are retractable.