mtnbike Guest

Default When is the best time to purchase a stroller?

I am due to have a baby girl in mid-April. Is it too early to consider purchasing the stroller now? I am wondering if the holidays are a good time to purchase because it seems like there are quite a few sales going on now, and good deals to be had. Or, is that normal, and I should wait until March or so, just before the baby comes?

louislinus Guest

Default RE: When is the best time to purchase a stroller?

I am due April 4 and am planning on getting my stroller in February. I think a lot of it depends on what stroller you want, if it's readily available, etc. If you find one on sale that you love I say go for it! I bought all the crib bedding when I was about 20 weeks, because what I wanted was being discontinued and it was all on clearance.

I also think with a stroller as well as car seats, you want it in enough time to get it put together and be able to play with it so you know how it works.

pittsburghgirl Guest

Default RE: When is the best time to purchase a stroller?

A lot of 2005 models aren't out yet so you might want to wait to see what the new models are like before buying. It also depends on what you are going to get and how you are going to use it. Some people swear by using a SNG initially and then buy a stroller when they have a real live baby to try out in it; but you don't want to have the baby in a SNG for long periods of time so I wouldn't use that as a walking stroller, only for popping in and out of a car for errands. If you read a lot on these boards you will find that almost everyone has multiple strollers, for different uses!

In the interest of full disclosure, my DS was a January baby and we ordered our stroller in late November of last year, a Zooper ZStreet. Zooper redesigned their entire line for 2004 and added some features I would have liked, so for me (who didn't do much walking initially) the SNG plus a sling would have been the better choice.

Marilee
    mommy to James
    http://lilypie.com/baby1/050120/1/0/1/-5/.png