Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    dknees Guest

Default P3 Safari/Snugride colors? Also BRU funny story

I think I've finally decided to go with the P3. I had originally wanted the Black Sable, but dh saw the safari pattern online and likes it better. I don't seem to see any snugrides that will go with this, am I missing something? I am not going to stress out over the whole matching thing, as I am not sure really how much I'll need the whole "travel system" thing anyways.

Oh, and you'll love this. At BRU the other day, my dh wanted to see for himself how the car seat snaps into the P3, so we asked the sales girl for help. She told me that the P3 ONLY works with the Peg car seat. I explained to her that the 2005's had the strap to take the other brands, yadda yadda yadda and she tells me I'm mistaken! I was really trying hard not to laugh at this poor 18 year-old clueless wonder. She went and asked another 18 year old who said, "yeah, the new P3's will have some kind of strap thing, but BRU will not carry THOSE strollers." HUH???????? :) She told me if I REALLY wanted a travel system, I should just buy the Graco Metrolite and be done with it. Or she said I could always call Peg and EXCHANGE the P3 from BRU for one that had the strap, but that it would be "expensive."

I just walked away before I started laughing hysterically. This is why I'll be calling Marilyn to order my P3 tomorrow!!!!!!

gilliesgal Guest

Default RE: P3 Safari/Snugride colors? Also BRU funny story

This is why I dread going into BRU. I'd rather do all of my research on line to figure out what is possible and what isn't.

So, question for you that may also seem silly. . . but do the 2004 P3s take other car seats??

BTW, I saw a P3 Safari on Ebay today. Can't remember the price.

-Kellie

dknees Guest

I believe the 2004's DO take other car seats, but Peg has not "blessed" this until the 2005's..... I'm sure someone who knows for sure will chime in and let us know.

nd93 is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I went into BRU to check out the P3s in person, and 2 salespeople gave me a really hard sell for the Graco Quattro Tour. I already knew I wanted a P3 so I just listened politely then said thanks and left. What is the deal with BRU and Graco? Do they get a perk if they sell one?

OK, that is really weird because I just went to USA Baby with my heart set on the P3, and the salesgirl (who did not have kids by the way) tried to get me to buy the Graco Quattro Tour. Seems weird to me since I walked in trying to buy a $290 stroller and she tried (hard) to get me to switch to a $120 stroller. What is going on? Does Graco have some kind of incentive program or something?

I think the P3 Safari matches well with the Graco Snugride in Blackwell (sold at BRU). I have never seen them side by side but it seems like the best match. Anyone seen them together That is what I am registered for so I hope it looks decent!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19175.jpg
    DD (3/05) and DS (5/07) still harnessed and loving the cupholders in their Frontier 85s!

dknees Guest

That looks good to me, thanks!!!!!!!!!! :) I'm not sure how I missed seeing that pattern anywhere. I must be BLIND!!

OK, I just went to BRU today and they have a new Snugride color - the "Mayfair". It is black and tan with swirly designs. I looked at the Blackwell and the hood and accents seem very brown in person, so I actually think the Mayfair is a way better match to the Safari P3 (which is what I am getting).

Now, the Mayfair is the new "gracopedic" model so it is more expensive (I think it was $119 while the Blackwell was $89) but it was so nicely padded and the other Snugrides seemed like your baby was sitting on rocks compared to this one! Here is the link to the Graco website for the two models:

MAYFAIR SNUGRIDE
    http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/pro...AY&subCatId=15

BLACKWELL SNUGRIDE
    http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/pro...KW&subCatId=15

Just thought I'd add this since now I think I am leaning towards the comfy Mayfair Snugride. :)
    DD (3/05) and DS (5/07) still harnessed and loving the cupholders in their Frontier 85s!

dknees Guest

I really like the Mayfair too, thanks for the info!!!!!!

I must say that dh LOVES the Safari pattern. I personally don't overly like it. It's too *blah* for me! But, dh is ecstatic and can't get over what a great stroller the P3 is, I think maybe I might turn him into a stroller addict!

InTheBiz Guest

The 2004 P3 does not take any other car seat except the Primo Viaggio.
    If you use it with the Snugride it will just sit in there and not be tethered down by anything unless you use a bungee cord of some sort.
    The P3 attaches to the Viaggio with prongs that raise up from the seat of the stroller. The reason that Perego does not sanction using the P3 with any other car seat is that it is not tethered and an accident can occur.
    The 2005 P3's take any infant car seat this year by not having those prongs any longer...they have buckles that the adapter strap buckles into.
    The BabiesR-Us girls were mistaken<for lack of a better word> because Perego is not issuing a different stroller for 2005 for them that doesn't adapt...they are all the same strollers. The ladies were misinformed or not informed at all. If they had the safari stroller in their possession at the store then that one was adaptable to any and all infant car seats on the market...the safari is new for 2005.
    I find it hard to even walk into BRU sometimes.
    I'm sorry you ladies were misinformed.

dknees Guest

Oh, I know that Peg only has one 2005 P3, I just love how sales people make up things when they don't know the answer! I spent enough time and energy researching the P3 that I knew WAY more than the BRU sales people. Mainly we just went there to show dh the stroller and look at some other stuff in the store while we were at it. I DID get the safari online, BRU only carries the black sable and Metallica, neither of which impressed dh.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast