tunagimp Guest

Default RE: Anyone have or seen the Bugaboo Cameleon in person?

I own one. I think it's OK. My wife loves, loves, loves it. I don't think it's worth the money that folks (uh, that would be me) are paying for it. (Not with Big, Heavy, German, NIB Teutonia's still going for a Buck and a half on ebay) Either way, mine's not for sale, thanks. To me, it's still just an oddly shaped, Chinese-made (albeit Taiwan) stroller. If they made the thing in the NL with better quality materials and FRONT AIR TIRES, ala Teutonia PiXXel, it would be near perfect.

The velour fabric is really quite amazing. It really is stain resistant. DS had a particularly gooey granola and fruit bar the other day and the inevitable residue simply washed off with a water moistened paper towel. No "water ring" either! We live in Sacramento, CA and although Global Cooling has kept the temperature here low so far this year, it appears the keeps 'em cooler claim has some merit.

Now about the bigger seat thing. If it's bigger, what it's bigger than must be some kind of Bugaboo secret. My DS is 26 months and a little over 37" and his feet do not rest on the lower "step" thing of the seat because he's too long. In the attached (I hope) photo, note how using the hood would be about impossible with a hat.

I have other photos which show this "larger seat" thing is pretty goofy and will furnish them to any potential Cameleon victim upon request.

HTH, YMMV.

Thank for the pic. I see what you mean about the size! Imagine how big he'd be in the Frog! My DH (& I admit me too) choked on the price too. But I love the toddler board idea and the fact that we can take it on the beach since we only live about a mile from one and spend a lot of time there.

Thanks for the picture tunagimp! I am so glad to see one, and very surprised that it still seems like a small seat, but I have also noticed that many others seats are like that on popular strollers. I LOVE the color, but it looks just like the frog to me, is there really a difference? Do you have any more pictures? I loved my frog, and I like the looks of this even better, but I guess it is just too small to buy for a soon to be two year old!

tunagimp Guest

"Do you have any more pictures?"

Yes I do.

Here's a few I posted over at SS. They should give you an idea of the size of the thing. The car in the picture has been washed since these were taken, thank you. But I haven't changed the oil, I'll do that this weekend, OK?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/25933.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/25935.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/25936.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/25938.jpg

LOL. Thanks, I love the color. Which stroller is your favorite?

tunagimp Guest

"Which stroller is your favorite?"

The next one.

The one I use the most is the Teutonia Y2K. I have a NIB Teutonia Prestige in the same fabric (with the soft carrycot) I'm saving for DDIU due in August.

I'd like to find a new-er Teutonia with a reversible handle such as the Primus, but nobody over here in the US wants to sell me one. Anyone?

I have no problem lifting a heavy pram-type stroller in and out of the ol' SW. I'm more concerned with how they push and the comfort of the ride.

I love teutonia strollers, I had the Regent before we moved to California, I don't mind the weight either, but the fold was huge. I would love one of the brighter plaids!

tunagimp Guest

Wow! You had a Regent?

That's what I keep searching for. Somewhere out there in someone's garage is a unused, unloved Regent with my name on it, I hope.

That is too bad because I ended up selling it for next to nothing because we stored our Boston stuff while we are in California, and that was just too big to justify storing! I sold it to Kirsten who always posts on Stroller Swap and works at Magic Beans in Boston, I know she already had one, so it might be worth checking with her :). It looks like it was the same color as yours, new blues or something like that. Lookwise Teutonias are my favorite, but I would prefer a swivel wheel. Do any of the models swivel?

Default Anyone have or seen the Bugaboo Cameleon in person?

I have long been interested in the Frog, but never made the purchase. Now I am expecting my second and I think I'm going to go for it. However, now that I've heard about the Cameleon, I can't decide which I should get. This baby isn't due until Nov. so the Cameleon should be out in the US by then (or I may order overseas so I can use it with my 21 mo. old now). I like that it has a bigger seat than the Frog since most kids seem to have grown out of the Frog quickly. The adjustable handlebar is nice too. My only reservation is the fleece that the Cameleon is lined with. I live in S. Florida and I just don't think I'm buying the "it helps keep them cool" thing. Plus, I'm not sure how it will look or hold up. It certainly can't wipe up as easily. If you've seen it or own one, please give me your honest opinion. Thanks!