ktdabs1 Guest

Default Britax Strollers

Anyone have the Britax Preview or Britax Forerunner? What are your opinions on them?

Thanks, Katie

stanton Guest

Default RE: Britax Strollers

I have decided to get the Britax Preview after looking at it at a local shop. I haven't bought it yet because I am hoping to get it as a shower gift! But I have read the reviews for every stroller out there (in the newest Baby Bargains book) and it seems like an awesome deal! At first I was going to get a Combi Savvy Soho DX. Then, I thought maybe the Peg Perego Venezia (the reversible handle drew my attention). But it looked a little "cheap" in my mind, especially for the $350 price. Too much plastic. I had already decided that I want the Britax Companion (safest carseat out there according to many sources), so getting the matching stroller just seemes logical. The Babies R Us salesman told me that usually you are better off getting the stoller that is made for the car seat (it fits better). Britax has a great reputation and everytime I call their customer service department I get a lot of questions answered. The Unity Blue color on the Preview is beautiful and if you like matching things, the Companion car seat comes in Unity Blue also. So, all in all, I think the $129 price tag is a steal for an aluminum, light weight stroller that has a car seat attachment and is made by the manufacturer of the safest car seat on the market. The store I am getting mine from has a great return/exchange policy and if I find that I like the Forerunner better, I can exchange it. The Forerunner won't be available for another 4-6 weeks, so I can't compare them yet. Obviously you can see that this has been a major decision for me and has not been easy! Sorry for the length, but I hope it helps you decide!

ktdabs1 Guest

Thanks Denise
    I really am leaning towards the Britax stroller and Companion. The problem is I haven't found a place that sells it in stores. Babies R Us and Target sell both online. So I'm trying to find a store so I can check it out!

Katie

stanton Guest

I know what you mean. I was glad that I got to look at the Preview. That's what made up my mind. I'll look at the Forerunner when they get it and if I like it better, I'll exchange it. Good luck!

jay Guest

Hi Denise!
    Nice to know someone else bought the Unity Blue Companion plus matching Preview stroller as well. I still haven't gotten the courage to open the box for the stroller yet though...I'm still second guessing myself!! It really does look very nice together. But I wonder if I should get the Forerunner instead (it has a couple of features that I like better) - I don't think the Forerunner is in Unity Blue though...

I think I'm going to primarily use it for strollering around the mall and traveling. I'm still planning to buy an all terrain stroller for walks around the neighborhood, I think. Not sure if this will handle well on bumpy non-sidewalk roads.

stanton Guest

What features do you like better on the Forerunner? I haven't seen that one yet and it's hard to compare online. I figure I will get the Preview and when the store gets the Forerunner in, I will look and it and see if I like it better. I can exchange easily at this store. I just don't like the color of the Forerunner as much. It's a lighter blue.