callalillyanne Guest

Default HELP! How do I wash my Maclaren Seat/Hood Fabric?

I just purchased a 2000 Maclaren Vogue and I was wondering....Is it possible to remove the hood/seat fabric and wash it? What is the recommended safest way to wash it? The fabric looks good overall, but after I spotted cleaned it, it still looks a little dull in some places in the sunlight.

I'd really appreciated advice from the Mac experts out there!

TIA!!!

Susann Guest

Default RE: HELP! How do I wash my Maclaren Seat/Hood Fabric?

In some of the Macs the seat is removable in some not. I know that all the new Macs have a removable seat. I have a 1999 Vogue and the seat comes off but I had a 2002 Quest and the seat didn't come off. Anyway, if you look how the seat attaches to the frame, you can tell if it's removable or not. It's obvious once you take a closer look.

The hood comes off the frame but it doesn't come off the hardware that is inside the hood. So you can't put it in the washer but you can always try to hose it down. If you get the seat off, you can put it in the washer on gentle cycle. I recommend that you line dry it.

Susann

callalillyanne Guest

Thank you, Susanne! I took a closer look this morning and was able to get the seat fabric off. I am going to try to put it in the washer (gentle cycle) this morning. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :)

Susann Guest

It's going to come out as good as new.

Susann

callalillyanne Guest

Well I washed it and it came out great! I just sprayed it with Shout and put it on the gentle cycle with some All Free and Clear. It's almost dry now and it looks fantastic!

Thanks for your help, Susann! :)

I prefer to dry my stroller seat on the frame. That way if it shrinks it'll still fit IYKWIM.
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003

callalillyanne Guest

Thanks Elena! I didn't see your message and actually let it hang dry before I put it back on the frame- luckily it didn't shrink! Next time I will dry it on the frame ;)