Default Mac TT or Compass Tandem for errand stroller? Help!!!

So even though DD#1 is almost three, she's tiny for her age and she LOVES to ride, and I really like having both contained. So now I need a double that's easier to pull in and out of the car than the Valco twin. For longer days at the mall, or the zoo or walks the Valco is our first choice for sure.
    So I know there isn't much info on the Compass but it seems inexpensive at $180 and to have a pretty small fold. Or would I be better off spending $50 more and getting a 2004 Mac TT off Ebay?

Any opinions, is the Mac easier enough than the Valco to reason the purchase? Or should I spend less and try the Compass?

Thanks for your help!!
    Nicole

mommy to
    Grace 10/02
    Emelia 4/05

sobers3 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: Mac TT or Compass Tandem for errand stroller? Help!!!

The Mac TT is a very sturdy stroller, but it's really heavy. Only a few pounds lighter than the Valco. My DS has been using a Transit Tandem as an errand stroller and likes it very much. It doesn't have one-handed steering, but I wasn't able to steer the TT with 2 handles one-handed either. He likes it being so narrow to do errands so he can fit into small places. For anything more than errands, we use the MBUD. He wants another errand stroller for his other vehicle and I'm considering the Compass. I'm waiting to try one out IRL and to read some reviews. Hopefully, we will be reading more soon. If I don't like the Compass, we will get another Transit Tandem. Mary

2boysluvand1 Guest

Hi there, my bf has the Mac TT and it is super nice but extremely heavy and hates it at the mall b/c certain stores are just impossible. I think giving the compass a try is probably worth it. If you sign up at target.com for email list they give you 10% off each week and what an easy return that would be. I think they might have sold out on the first batch of compass though already, check it out. GL!

Kate

Thank you ladies! I would love to spend less on an errand stroller, and the fact that the Compass takes the car seat is conducive to quick in and out errands when I don't want to disturb the sleeping baby!
    I'll check at Target again!

Nicole

mommy to
    Grace 10/02
    Emelia 4/05

2boysluvand1 Guest

you can also get it at www.babyoutfitters.com I think Target sold out within 24 hours!

I tested this out yesterday, so let me know if you have questions :-)

GL!

Kate

Thanks Kate, I've been following the Compass thread for any new news! I also looked at baby-outfitters.com and I'm trying to be patient and hold out for Target to get more stock in!
    Nicole

mommy to
    Grace 10/02
    Emelia 4/05

2boysluvand1 Guest

hi there~ you can sign up for email notification when it comes up too...hth

Kate