Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    chiqanita Guest

Default How many do you have?

Saw the Today Show's segment on strollers and was very surprised to hear about a mom who has 12 strollers. Wow. :o Each stroller serves a different purpose which makes sense and each stroller was around $250 +! Glad she can afford them.

Got me to thinking about my strollers and how I've been wanting something different. IF I get another stroller that'll be 5 for me or 6 depending on what I get.

I have a tandem that I used when my twins were born. I switched to a side-by-side when they were big enough to sit in it. Finally, bought 2 lightweight strollers for traveling. Now I use the tandem when we're out-and-about because it's roomier and has a tray for each DS. I use the side-by-side around the neighborhood.

How many strollers do you have?

Default RE: How many do you have?

Two, but only one child, who's not that fond of strollers. (One is a Bob and the other is a Silver Cross Mini--pretty much just used in airports.)

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Well, what do you count as a stroller? ;) We have a Jeep Stroller which we used from the time Kaya was an infant (~$60) and a Kolcraft Umbrella stroller that we got free from TRU that we use a lot now. And we have a doll stroller that we got for under $20 at a local toystore.

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ies/candle.gif for Leah
    http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...pphire_24m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catca...-6_Kaya+is.png
    Kaya's a cousin! 10/1/05, 5lb13oz

We have 4 which is surprising to me because only 1 is now used. The SNG that was bought when avi was in the infant seat- good in the begining because my sister used to have a very small car with a tiny trunk. Graco Metrolite- avi is too big for this but we are keeping for possible siblings. Chicco Caddy- very flimsy and avi is over/very close to the weight limit. Peg perego P3- the best purchase- can take infant seat, full recline- great for naps on the go- great basket, etc, used 100% of the time now.

I think the SNG was ~ $60
    The Chicco was ~$50
    The Metrolite was with the infant seat and stroller alone was ~$200
    The P3 was $300

So basically if we had not spent over $300 on garbage strollers that are now sitting in the garage we would have $300 to buy another nice stroller.

Ilana

http://lilypie.com/pic/060218/pBEG.jpg[/img][/url]

kath68 Guest

One. A Zippy. It has served my needs pretty well, although not perfectly. But I can survive with "good enough" just fine. I can see the point of having a cheap-o umbrella stroller, too, but not enough to go out and get one.

One of the revelations of parenting to me is that you can buy all the "must haves," and it doesn't matter that much (sorry Fields, but it is true). The stuff doesn't make you a better parent, it doesn't make your kid a better kid. Despite all the slick marketing at impressionable new parents, a stroller is just something you push your kid around in, and you use it for such a short time. I spent so much time trying to find the perfect stroller, and I doubt my satisfaction level would have been that much different if I ended up with a different one. But maybe that's just me.

holliam Guest

We have 2. A Zooper Zydeco that can handle rugged terrain and a Quinny Zapp that folds up so very small.

However, DD is 18 months now and DH (SAHD) hasn't used a stroller with her in months. She and he just love to walk, and walk, and walk! So, I have no idea if she'll even use one anymore!

ETA: Meant to add that we have a lot more slings than strollers. We tended to choose one or the other depending on many factors!

Holli

smallestangel Guest

TWELVE? Wow. I used a Kolcraft frame stroller for his infant seat when he was small. Then I got a P3. I'm planning on using both for the next (and last) child.

Amanda

I have 2--a Zippy and a Mac Volo. DH has one--a jogger. DD has a $10 umbrella that she loves to push her dolls in. So, technically, four total.

I'm trying to get away without a double for the two but don't think it's going to happen. I haven't been able to get out much and *think* a double stroller would help but maybe I'm delusional. ;)

Elizabeth
    mommy to DD('04) and DS('06)

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

jbowman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have two strollers: a Peg Perego P3 (all-purpose stroller, purchased right before Ellie was born)) and a Silver Cross Micro (quick trips, for travel, etc). These serve our needs well and we've not spent a ton of money (and they are a better value since they will be used for both kids).

Now we're debating whether or not to get a double.

And I agree with Kath. IMO once your child arrives, researching strollers, etc., just don't seem so important! ;)

chiqanita Guest

If my 18 month old twins had it their way they would never set their little bottoms down in another stroller again. But, and that's a big BUT, they like to RUN! Whenever their feet touch the ground they're off...here...there and never in the same direction. I figure I'm going to use my strollers up until they reach the weight limit...I have 40 pounds to go for the double strollers....after that, well I'll need some fast sneakers and maybe a couple of tethers?! ;}

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast