campmommy Guest

Default Five Point vs. Three Point Harness

Curious about 5 point and 3 point safety harness pros and cons. It seems like 5 point would be much safer for my little guy, but wondering if he will hate being shoulder restrained as he grows, and I will end up not using it - therefore a 3 point would be the safer route in the long run... thoughts??

Default RE: Five Point vs. Three Point Harness

Many strollers come with 5 point harnesses where the top straps can be undone creating a 3 point. You can use whichever mode you feel like that day. For a stroller IMO, the harness type doesn't matter much when you are on normal terrain. I guess if there is a chance of the stroller tipping I would go 5 pt. Peg has a floating harness so you can use the 5 pt but still get the freedom of movement.

i've had 3 kids in 6 years and never had a stroller w/ a 5 pt. my kids were pretty easy going in strollers though. models w/ a snack tray helped me feel like they were better in place too.

HTH!

Same here, my kids have never 'needed' a 5 pt harness (especially in the highchair...).

But yeah, the 5 pts can be used as 3 points, no problem. I like 5 pts better because it's really easy to grab the shoulder part to get the harness out from under the kiddo so you can buckle it up easier, though.

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx