Thread: foam flooring

kk Guest

Default foam flooring

I am considering a basement play area for all of these horrible, large plastic toys. I would like to put something on the floor that would provide some cushioning. However, I don't want anything permanent because basement can get wet with heavy rain. Has anyone seen orused any mats/ or foam 'tiles'? If so, where did you find them? Thank you.

Default RE: foam flooring

Hi!

Thanks for using our message boards.

Funny you should ask this question. I was in Home Depot this weekend and noticed that they had those foam puzzle squares available in huge sizes. They had the industrial grey ones then they had some for kids in bright primary colors. Just a thought if you have a Home Depot nearby.

Best wishes,

Denise Fields
    author, BABY BARGAINS

kk Guest

Thank you. I guess the easiet solution is sometimes the most obvious. I was about to call my local ice skating rink for its suplier! Thanks again. KK

teresajill Guest

Default Home Depot foam puzzle pieces

I have two sets of the colorful pieces and they're great. I also have some little squares from zany brainy with letters in them. They're not so great because the letters pop out all the time and because there are small pieces on some letters. If you want to do a large area, do yourself a favor and buy 3 sets. There are 4 squares per set and each is 24"x24", so if you buy 3 sets, you can do an area that is 3x4 squares or 6 by 8 ft. I only bought 2 and the math doesn't work so well. :-(

I understand the grey ones resist UV light and are better for outdoors.

myllam Guest

We bought a gymnastics mat (5' X 10') for our family room hardwood floor. It was a rather costly solution, but our ds loves rolling around on it (he is 6 months old) and it is nice to be able to fold it up when company comes to visit. We do have to remember to take off our shoes when we are in the family room :-)

We received really good customer service from this company.

www.resilite.com

raynjen Guest

TRU also carries them $19.99 for a 4' x 4' "puzzle piece".
    Jen

loungeboykip Guest

We were thinking of laying the foam blocks down on carpet.
    Do you think it will mar or stain the carpet?

eloisel Guest

I put foam flooring down in our living room and playroom because the wood foor was so awful with nails coming through. I got a few of those puzzle mats from Home Depot first and then I ordered the rest from Wondermat.com. The price was about the same but the quality from wondermat is much better. For one thing they are much easier to clean than the home depot version.

We love the foam, and although the cats have managed to mangle a few spots, it has saved my son from many bumps and bruises (he's a climber)