mommymaria Guest

Default Protecting the TV Cable

Does anyone know of a device to protect the "outlet" where the TV cable comes out from the wall? The one in our great room is located in a really odd spot far from any good place to put the TV armoire and about 1 foot up from the floor. It is also not a good spot for me to block access to it with a piece of furniture.

When we had some work done in that room a while ago, the carpenter said it would not be easy to move it due to the strange way it was installed in the first place.

My DH has tacked the cable itself along the woodwork, but my son has a fascination with pulling on the cable where it connects to this outlet. Probably because he sees it drives Mommy crazy!

Any suggestions?

Maria

suzska Guest

Default RE: Protecting the TV Cable

The only thing I can think of is it possible to replace the cable with one that has to be screwed down on the end? That at least would make it harder for him to pull out. I know when we use to have to "play around" with the cables on the TV/VCR (had to switch things back and forth before we had cable ready) we had cables that you just "stuck" onto the connectors and some that you had to screw down. I'm not sure if Radio Shack or some similar place would have them. (I know you can buy cables most anyplace, but I don't know who might carry that particular type.)

Okay, I at least found a picture of what I'm talking about at Radio Shack's site. (Of course Radio Shack isn't always known for having the best prices, but at least you can see what I'm talking about. And I also don't know what "type" of cable you need....)

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=15%2D1543

Good luck!