juliev6868 Guest

Default How to babyproof these Morigeau dresser drawers?!

I have both a tall & a wide morigeau dresser that I need to babyproof for my 7.5 month old son. We didn't even look at the structure of the drawer mechanism when we made the purchase (live & learn!). There is no piece of wood/anything above the drawers...just drawer stacked on drawer (except for 1 set of drawers with a decorative wood piece above)...so you can't use the little latch things. If you take out the drawers it is just a cavernous space...nothing to attach the latch to. I don't think tot-locks will work for this either...I'm guessing they have to have a surface to attach to..other than the inside side of the dresser. MY son has already shut a drawer on his little finger & I hate not being able to let him crawl around in his own room!
    I hope this makes SOME sense! Thank you in advance. Gotta go chase my little cruiser!
    Julie V

juliev6868 Guest

Default RE: How to babyproof these Morigeau dresser drawers?!

Just updating. I went to the store (USA Baby)where we purchased the furniture and asked how to babyproof the drawers. The owner was stumped! I couldn't believe I was the first to ask! Anyway--he put in a call to his 'safety people' and is supposed to call me today! I'll post if I get an answer :)