DeeEast Guest

Default Help! DS can get through the gate!

David can now open the gate at the bottom of the stairs. Its a pressure gate and he's figured out that if he pushes and knocks it enough, he can squeeze through. No matter how tight we put it, he can get through. Its this gate:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ctId=2308887&a mp;a mp;cp=2255984.2256222&view=all&parentPage=family

One of the problems is when he gets to the top of the stairs. There is a permanent gate at the top. If its closed so that he can't get upstairs, then he hangs on it precariously, leaning back, so that if he loses his footing, he is going to topple backwards down the stairs and I am afraid he will break his neck.

If he leave the top gate open (which we pretty much have to at this point until we figure something out) then he is upstairs with an open gate and I'm still afraid he will fall down the stairs on his way back down.

He's going to be 2 on September 28th. Should I just chill and figure that he's old enough to go up and down the stairs by himself now? Or has someone else had this problem and figured out a solution?

One other problem is that he likes to put on his sister's shoes (), as in Sophia's, which are two or three sizes too big and that doesn't help his footing. We call him Chevy Chase because he falls down so much every day, even without the big shoes on. He's just clumsy. My nerves are shot worrying about him.

Any solutions?

Default RE: Help! DS can get through the gate!

I had this one for the last 6 years. DH and I absolutely love it. It comes with a template which makes it so easy to mount. IMO, a 2 year old is way too young to be trusted on the steps. Too many accidents can happen in a blink of an eye.
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=search

Erin