Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: My day from hell and the bonus Bad Mommy Award

Ooops Double post!

Thanks Girlie!

As a matter of fact I signed up for the Do Not Call Registry MONTHS ago.

If the guy calls back he's going to be very sorry by the time I get done with him :P

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

oh...I'm so sorry...you need a glass of wine, box of chocolates and a bubble bath!

deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Marisa,

I've been thinking about the debt collector thing - maybe she put you down as a reference when she opened the account. But also, I don't think they are allowed to talk to other people (you) regarding your mother's collections. I think they are just supposed to give the number for her to call them back and maybe their name, but I don't think they can go calling other people and telling them all about the debts she owes.

I could be wrong, but just soome ammunition for if he calls again.
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

pritchettzoo Guest

So sorry about your suckeriffic day.

If that or any other debt collector calls back, get their name and number and tell them you are reporting them under the Fair Debt Collection Act. Even if it were your debt, they cannot call and harass you after you tell them to stop. www.clarkhoward.com has more information if you should need it.

I hope tomorrow is better!

Anna
    Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

Please ignore attachment; just updating avatar!

Deb-

He didn't give any information directly - but he certainly *inferred* that he was a debt collector - saying, "well, I can't tell you what it's about other than it's a personal matter, so that SHOULD tell you something". Bastard.

Unfortunately, I have had some experience with these types of calls in the past, so I recognized the drill straight away.

What was creepy about him was when I answered the phone, he acted like he was an old friend, saying "Hey!!! J_____? This is David, how are you doing?!" When I said that I wasn't J___, but her daughter, that's when it started to get ugly.

His company came up on my caller ID, so Jonathan was able to look it up online. It is indeed a collection agency. For whatever it's worth, my mother claims that she's never received any calls or correspondence from them. Whether I choose to believe her or not is a whole other story. At any rate, she has no intention of calling them back - so I wouldn't be surprised if I get another call in the near future.

Like I really need this crap. I will definitely set this guy straight if I DO get the call. I also have no qualms whatsoever calling his supervisor to set him straight. It's complete harrassment.

-m
    Wife to Jonathan

Hee heee. Suckerrific!! ;)

-m
    Wife to Jonathan

starrynight Guest

What a day! *hugs* You need a break Marisa geesh it's one thing or another. I hate bill collectors they are suck jerks!

If it makes you feel better, on halloween night we took the stroller with us so we could stick Daria in it between houses. Dh didn't strap her in but didn't tell me that, so I was pushing the stroller and Daria dropped her bucket and went to lean down for it and fell right out on her head :(. She was okay in a minute but I was yelling at dh lol.

KGoes Guest

In addition to federal laws, your state may offer some respite from those phone calls. Call your local prosecutor's office (or district attorney, depending on where you live) and ask if there is statutory protection in your state for phone harassment and what would constitute phone harassment. Your state attorney general may also be able to help with information and perhaps an angry letter on your behalf.
    Kelley
    DD born 7/03

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2