Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lukkykatt Guest

Default What is it with men and electronics?

The tv in our bedroom died today, and DH asked if I wanted him to go out and pick up another one. I foolishly said "sure". I didn't even think anything when he was measuring the top of the small tv stand that we have in our room.

I was in the hall bathroom when he came home, and could hear him through the door, grunting as he was carrying the new tv up the stairs. I was thinking that was odd, as our old tv was 19". When I came out, there was a 27" tv sitting in our bedroom. Our bedroom, btw, is a very average size - probably about 14' x 16', so this thing is completely overwhelming in the room. I am getting a headache just looking at it. Plus, on the top of our small swivel top tv stand, it is an accident waiting to happen. The tv is almost as tall as the stand.

What was he thinking (besides how stupid I was for not giving specific instructions)? I want this thing boxed up and brought back! What do you think he'll give up first - me or the tv?

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Default RE: What is it with men and electronics?

OH BOY!!!!
    I was laughing and crying with laughter by the time I got to your second line when you said "sure"...I didn't even need to read any further to know where you were headed (but of course did). My hubby is EXACTLY the same way. I'm actually suprised he didn't sneak in a plasma TV, my DH would have tried that one on me :)...By the way double check make certain it isn't :)...

My DH is sulking as the room he had pegged for his "pool table" (which HE does not own) is being transformed to a play room :)...

Neve
    AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
    and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
    Feb 25, 2003
    Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

ROTFL! The 'sure' comment has me ROLLING!

The joke here is that I'm married to Mr. Upgrade. His motto, "Everything's upgradeable!" Me and the tape deck are the only things in our house that have not been upgraded in the 10 years we've been together.....

Angela (who's dh got a 20GB iPod for Christmas THIS year, becasue the 10GB one from last year's already out of DATE!)
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

bluej Guest

This is an exact replay of what happened in our house not too long ago! For the life of me I could not figure out why anyone would want the main focus in the bedroom to be the TV! It's certainly a man thing. Apparently in their mind bigger is better ;-) I made him move it to the family room since that TV was on it's way out as well and then made him go out yet again to get a reasonable size TV.

momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Oh, Angela, been there, done that! When our 27" tv in our family room died 2 years ago, dh set out for Best Buy and came home with a 54" tv - I nearly died! This thing is so big that you can easily watch it from 3 rooms away. The kids are mesmerized by it since the Wiggles are now full-size on the big screen - it's like having Captain Feathersword living in our living room! In so many other areas, dh is very stingy with money. When it comes to electronics, though, money is no object. (kind of like I am with strollers...)
    -Lauren

mik8 is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I've asked questions about "what's up with men"? so many times myself. Sounds like my DH too. Told him to buy sugar and came back with the biggest sack you can ever imagine, enough for the next millenium!(there are only 2 adults in the house).

Anyways, it's like the book "men are from mars and women from venus."
    Here's an interesting article I found about men.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/974331.asp

jmofarrill Guest

LOL - so many of us have been there!

We have, in our garage, FIVE computer towers from over the past three years. Dh is obsessed with gaming on the computer, and must have the "latest and greatest." I'm so over it.

lukkykatt Guest

Well, at least I am glad that it is not just me dealing with this! BTW, in case you were wondering, apparently DH thinks that I am more disposable than the tv. Last night I told him that it was ridiculously big for the room, dangerous for the kids and impractical (there is not even room for our cable box, which he has standing on its side next to the tv). His response was "Well, I think it's great, and I am going to have to veto you on this one." WTF?????

I am festering even thinking about this!!!

McQ is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm with you sister. We have a 46" tv in the living room that my husband bought right before we starting dating 10 years ago. So you know this sucker is big. Anyway we've been talking about getting a new tv. Actually it all starts with him wanting a new receiver but that's another post altogether. Anyway if we get a new tv for the living room, DH wants to put the 46" in our bedroom. Can you imagine!

Allison
    ~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

We do not have a tv in our bedroom. I told him our bedroom is for sleeping and sex. If he brings in the tv, there would be no more sex. :) I won! :D
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast