nigele is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Amazon sent me opened box software

I bought my DH software for Christmas from Amazon and it arrived today with the seal broken! I told my DH about it when he got home and he opened the box and it turned out there was also a seal missing on the cd box inside. I'm so irritated - I assume an Amazon employee opened the box, took out the cd, uploaded the software onto his computer using OUR serial numbers, then put it back in the box hoping nobody would notice. And of course Amazon does not publish phone numbers to call them with a problem. I had to e-mail them and wait for their reply. Arghhhh.... I know it's not a huge deal but I'm still annoyed.

pritchettzoo Guest

Default RE: Amazon sent me opened box software

That stinks! Here's Amazon's number in case you want it: 1-800-201-7575.

Good luck!

Anna
    Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

peanut4us Guest

Grrr. I'd be so mad. Definately use the number anna gave you instead of waiting for an email. I would play up the "it's for the holidays, you dolt! how long am I going to have to wait for a quality product from you!" angle. good luck

nohomama Guest

Lisa,

You have every right to be annoyed. Amazon is great when nothing goes awry but any problems and they can be frustrating to deal with.

I noticed someone has already posted a customer service number for Amazon but for future reference should you misplace the number, I've alway been able to find a customer service number for them on the 800# look-up at www.anywho.com. I imagine you'd be able to through Yahoo yellow pages and other similar sites as well. Just because they don't post it on their site (something I find infuriating...how un costomer friendly can you get?!?!) doesn't mean it's not published.

Ugh..you should be annoyed. I hope they did not do what you suspect because in some cases the serial number can only be used once. On the brighter side, in my experience Amazon has very good CS. The day after I found out I was pregnant I went online and ordered a ton of books. A couple days later I get the package and it's EMPTY! WTF?? I started freaking out (hormones) because I thought they wouldn't believe me that someone had stolen my books. Anyway I emailed them and I got a reply that night. Two days later the books were delivered to my door by Fed Ex or UPS as opposed to the USPS they had used the first time. I was very pleased.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

nigele is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Just wanted to post that Amazon sent me replacement software - hurray!